AMD x2 Mobo with AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L0K185

Beta member
I am looking for a good motherboard that i could put a Athlon X2 4400+ proc in with an AGP slot. Most of my research has come up empty while looking for a decent board. The reason i want an AGP slot is i just recently found a brand new ATI x800xt all-in-wonder video card for $240, a good deal. This card only comes in AGP as far as i have seen, and i like all the TV features and such, i dont want to have to part with it unless i ABSOLUTLY have to. I am a HUGE gamer and love this card and love to overclock, so a mobo better at OCing is better for me. Any ideas anyone?

Counter-Strike said:
That board is very stable, great BIOS, TONS of OC options. Best bang for the buck right now.
Um, isn't this the board Nubius got and actually is unstable and in desperate need for a BIOS upgrade? He has also mentioned that this board significant'y reduced his gfx card OC potential. Maybe not the best choice. I have the heard the MSI NF3 is very stable.

But, big picture here. You really want to combine a X2 4400+ with an AGP mobo? :amazed:

That deal on that all-in-wonder really isn't all that great. I suggest you get a PCI-e card and mobo. You could get a PCI-e 6800 and seperate tuner card for the same price. Or spend a bit more and get a 6800GT.

That board is very stable, great BIOS, TONS of OC options.
Uhh no it's not.... Once again you can tell this is one of the many threads of one person saying something, and others agreeing without knowing simply because it carries the name DFI with it.

Thanks Idiotec as you actually know whats up with this board.

It's been a toss up....theres people who's had absolutely no troubles with it, and theres been people who's had ridiculous times getting it setup...now you may say "any board can be good or sometimes fickle" but no....the amount of people having troubles with it is very high....they've put out 5 or so BIOSes now and none really offer any huge benefits.

My 6800GT went from 430/1150 to only being able to OC to 410/1120...this is not due to the card, but the NF3 chipset itself....so that's not really just THIS board itself it's the NF3 chipset.

Apparently theres a resistor on this board that shouldn't be there....it makes the CPU undervolt....compared to if you remove the resistor yourself it overvolts.

So basically it's a not so great BIOS mixed in with the boards hardware needs to be reworked and theres already talk of a revision2.

Now I had no problems setting it up for stock settings....however some people weren't that lucky and it can be picky with your RAM.

Also it seems to not like RAID to well.

DFI is not the DFI you'd come to expect quality from when it comes to this board....

go to www.dfi-street.com and theres a 230page thread dedicated to this board

thanks for the info guys, looks like i will be waiting a while before i upgrade my computer now, seems like its not worth the effort atm.

The best price i see on Pricewatch and Froogle is around $380 for the gfx card. i'm getting it $140 less, sounds like a good deal to me...And yes it is brand new, and no its not one of those saphire pieces of crap...

L0K185 said:
thanks for the info guys, looks like i will be waiting a while before i upgrade my computer now, seems like its not worth the effort atm.

The best price i see on Pricewatch and Froogle is around $380 for the gfx card. i'm getting it $140 less, sounds like a good deal to me...And yes it is brand new, and no its not one of those saphire pieces of crap...
I wasn't talking about the exact same card, I was referring to the cost of getting a seperate gfx card and capture card rather than the All-in-Wonder.

You can get a basic capture card for 40-50 bucks, wich will be just as good as the AIW performance, and then you can get a good gfx card that will beat the AIW performance, all for about the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom