AMD X2 5600+ v Intel E6300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah stay away from Intel people. I bought an Intel once and it had to be slower then macs. It was a p4 2.8Ghz but i've seen p2 processors do better with no overclocking. I couldn't play CS:S on low settings cause the cpu lagged.

I don't have any complaints for the amd's i have cause they own of course.
I don't notice any difference from ddr and ddr2 though.

Oh and xfx geforce 6800 xtreme and EVGA geforce 7600gt are basically the same but the 7600gt is a tad better with the graphics. Not very noticeable.

ehh it was just that Intel was always better for office apps and AMD was better for games in the Pentium vs. Athlon competition.

And the 7800GTX is a rebranded version of the 7900GS

heh heh heh wootedy woot woot.
amd = my best friend.
been workin lots...keepin my shoulder to the grindstone...sails in the wind...back to the salt-mines...plus it's summer i live in south texas and i wakeboard every day, or as close to every day as possible...
also....i "heard" lol that the e2140 is "guaranteed" (meh heh) 100% overclocker if you have a mobo that will do 400fsb. that rips, if true...3.2 ghz, now they just need to lower the price at or below x2 3600 prices and i (thats right, i said it...) may even suggest one for a budget build. tho, i'd probably never buy one for myself or anyone i knew...unless kuma is a horrible, like horrible as in... "i cant believe i bought this piece of s**t!!", failure. if that happens, we'll talk.

me i have myself on the 2140 and the store i found at is $105 CAD vs. the $83 CAD 3600+ . Even if you oc both the chips to 3ghz, like the other dude said, it might be just slightly faster (like 3 more frames per sec). I don't wanna upgrade Intel just yet since AM2 will be compatiable with new Kuma and agena

Bah but if you buy a $200 CPU, you'll never get double the performance of $100. Take note of that like SLI and Crossfire.

anyone seen Nosboost here? i wanted to see benchmarks for his quad-fx!!! i heard that 1 fx-7x sometimes out performs the technicaly quad-core quad-fx

personally i tend to go AMD more than intel because of past experiences with older ships and motherboards. over the years AMD has just been cheaper and more dependable to me. ive had too many Pentium 3s wonk out on me.

yayer....
i get about a 40-45% increase in performance (ie benchmarks) with 2 7900gs' in SLI versus a single card. (but i got the 2nd card at about 1/2 cost...so it worked out for me).

yayer....
i get about a 40-45% increase in performance (ie benchmarks) with 2 7900gs' in SLI versus a single card. (but i got the 2nd card at about 1/2 cost...so it worked out for me).

lol nice..... tell me where u got it????

a buddy that doesnt know the value of good video cards. lol actually i told him he could get more for it on ebay...but being the good friend that he is, he still sold it to me cheep chhheap. plus, the f***er never buys gas for my boat on our wakeboard excursions, only beer sometimes. which actually is fuel in itself, so WTF ever!

anyone seen Nosboost here? i wanted to see benchmarks for his quad-fx!!! i heard that 1 fx-7x sometimes out performs the technicaly quad-core quad-fx

Those Quad FXes are utterly NUTS with two chips in the board, they consume 100% more than the Intel Quads!

"It was a p4 2.8Ghz but i've seen p2 processors do better with no overclocking. I couldn't play CS:S on low settings cause the cpu lagged."

i can get over 100fps in css or hl2 on medium, or play both on high and get 30fps. My processor is p4 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom