AMD X2 4800+ OCing Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all,

My new parts arrived but since I lost my AS5 I figured I would post and get some OCing advice that you all might have for my new CPU while I decide whether to go ahead and use the stuff that came with my Big Typhoon and put my computer together this weekend or order more AS5 and build it some time next week when it gets here :( there are no stores that have it where I live (pathetic i know stupid montana).

Feel free to offer advice on that too :)

Ok so I used to have a 3700+ Sandy and I OCed it to 2.7ghz so I am not a complete nub at OCing but I have never had a dual core processor before and I would like to get some advice/input on what other people's OCs have been with this CPU and what I should try concerning vcore, htt, multiplier, etc. The parts I just received include my new processor, the vidcard, the raptor hard drive, and the power supply in my sig.

Thanx for your input. I already put my new parts into my sig so take a look at it for info on my current system.

Heck, I wouldn't wait a week just for getting a thermal compound....... AS5 is ok but so will any other [or at least most] of the other thermal compounds be...... its a matter of a degree or two at most if you ask me.

don't wait go for what you have right now, you can always replace it later if its really neccesary, either way no one would manufacture something that won't work on purpose so i'm guessing that Tt thermal compound is just fine

-Jo.

WOOHOOOOOOO I found someone in town that has AS5!@! I am goin to pick some up at lunch (im at work) and put my computer together tonight (when my kids go to sleep). :)

Now then about my actual question...... anyone got any OCing info on the 4800+? tips? suggestions?

Yes I have read the stickies and I have OCed before I am looking for dual core 4800 specific tips. Thanx!!

Yoad said:
Heck, I wouldn't wait a week just for getting a thermal compound....... AS5 is ok but so will any other [or at least most] of the other thermal compounds be...... its a matter of a degree or two at most if you ask me.

don't wait go for what you have right now, you can always replace it later if its really neccesary, either way no one would manufacture something that won't work on purpose so i'm guessing that Tt thermal compound is just fine

-Jo.

Im guessing you havent really used other themal compound then have you?

:beard:

well I know very little from experience I gatherd seeing my friends OC theirs.

Lowering the HTT multiplier can help increasing the memory speed and cpu fsb sometimes.

Thats asmuch as I can tell, once I get mine I can tell you what else I find out if you wish..

-Jo.

Meh...

If I were you Id just find the max of both your ram and CPU instead of the whole Increase by increments of 5 As this is time consuming.

Your going to have to run a divider seeing as your Ram and can probably do 230 MHz at best...

so basically follow this guide here
and you should be set.....

Why would my Ram only be able to do 235? I would think I should be able to loosen the timings to get it as high as needed. Though from what I have heard it makes little difference whether you loosen timings versus use a mem divider.

Well your ram is only PC3200.......

Sure you can Losen up the timings as much as you want but I doubt it will help as much in terms of stability......

Lord AnthraX said:
Im guessing you havent really used other themal compound then have you?

:beard:

That would be wrong, I used AS5, Gigabyte thermal compound, Tt thermal compound and uhh one more that I forgot of which brand.

They all performed nearly equal when it comes to temps and heat transfer properties [and thats while testing each one on a 4 to 6 months periods or more]

Although the AS5 had the best out of the 4 I used, it was only by 2-3[I think 5-6 between AS5 and that generic compound] degrees which is not a big deal........ sure you'd wanna squeeze all you can from your HS/F but still that wouldn't worth waiting a week for, at least not in my opinion...

-Jo

Are you ignoring my post saying I found some in town and got it today? no more worries I can build this weekend :)

Still hoping for helpful info on my particular processor on OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom