AMD X2 4400+ max OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
while I was exploring my OC program I noticed I can only set the multiplyer to 11 and the mhz to only 400 max. I also noticed the max voltage I can set is 1.65 for the vcore this will convert the 4400+ into a 4800+ with the same cache. Is there any way to push this limit even further?

2.2Ghz >>> to a max of 2.4Ghz I'm sure it can go higher

I wouldn't go above 1.65v on dual core. In fact for 24/7 use I'd like to stay at 1.6 or lower. 11 is the highest multi on the 4400+. You cant go higher. Only the athlon fx series have unlocked multies. Wow, dude you are going to kill your chip. 400MHz is not the speed of the chip, it's the HTT (or the FSB if you perfer that). The speed of the chip is determined by the FSB times the multiplier. So, 400 x 11 = 4400 (4.4GHz). The minute you try to boot up with those settings prepare for your own personal fourth of july display.

rofl i got my a8n-sli to boot into bios with my AMD 3200@4ghz :D but then leard it was only cos of a bios glich that when the system failed the tests it would put it on stock speeds but for some reason not report that in bios :p

hehe thank you 003 I have learned never to trust the windows calculator so easy to miss a button when you click... (but why did I need that calculator for a basic math problem :confused: )

Lol at Tyler :D

I think maybe you should give yor processor to me to keep it safe :)

In return you can have an intel celeron processor which you can fry at any time and no one will care.

im running my X2 4400+ at 11x218 = 2.4Ghz (X2 4800+ speed)

its on stock voltages and i aint had any crashes yet.

I can get mine to 2.5 stable but the X2 4400+ is one of the best chips on the market and i sure dont have enought money to buy another one. For memory is was 11x228 with a voltage of 1.39

Same setup I have Sprooty, but I may want to push it to 2.6 just because I think I can.

X2 4400+ at 110% performance (gasp guess what DFI isn't the only board that does it) bringing it to 2.4 Ghz I haven't touched the multipliers yet and it's at stock voltage. This gives you the speed and cache of a 4800+ using the same processor core saving you 300 USD.

Sadly I bought cheap memory but hasn't caused me any problems yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom