AMD Quad FX Worklog/Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS L1N64-SLI WS Dual L(1207FX) NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI MCP SSI CEB AMD Motherboard

I will be working w/ an ASUS L1N64-SLi for my next fiasco!! i'm really excited to have this.. more excited than when i got my 680i and q6600 (which i sold)

very happy to be going back to the amd side.. even though i've downgraded

anywho, here are some pics of the beauty

moboCPUHScombo.jpg

FX70.jpg

gonna be running 2 amd athlon fx70's
2 thermaltake big typhoons

and they will all be housed in my beautiful Abs Aplus Black Pearl (case on the most right)

100_8266.jpg

pictures to come whenever my beauty gets sent to my house

hoping to take super pi record for amd again ;)
and once i get another 8800gts.. taking 1st place 3dmark06 for the amd side as well!!!

gonna take a nice break from intel.. as they're being sheisty on prices with their new hardware.. and only giving me an 8x multi on the quads for almost 400 dollars!

indeed it does :)

definitely should be fun working w/ a server mobo :)

hopefully i can get these things at least 3.2-3.4 ghz stable; on a side note to this... i don't think anyone has been using anywhere near ddr1000 with their amd's in the super pi contest... so i think i can take this ;) look out nagasama.. i'm coming to get cha!

we can call this... amd's failed version of what skulltrail is

i'm sticking to a failure.. what does that make me :x

*palm to face*

a Phenom 9850 BE, MSI 790FX or DFI 790FX could of fixed that. Failed? Not really. U were my rival ever since u went Intel but now, u r my friend.

EDIT:

Tuniq would've been better, but harder to put on, trust me.

indeed it does :)

definitely should be fun working w/ a server mobo :)

hopefully i can get these things at least 3.2-3.4 ghz stable; on a side note to this... i don't think anyone has been using anywhere near ddr1000 with their amd's in the super pi contest... so i think i can take this ;) look out nagasama.. i'm coming to get cha!

we can call this... amd's failed version of what skulltrail is

i'm sticking to a failure.. what does that make me :x

Skulltrail is going to fail too ;)

nice build :D nice find and great deal (for you)

I thought Skulltrail pretty much already has? No DDR3 support correct? Why spend ALL that money on that mobo and 2x skulltrail procs, and not have DDR3 support? People that buy into that, well i'd think, would want DDR3.

Nice!!! Welcome back from the dark side!!!!

Theres no way to make that board take phenoms right? That would be a crazy build lol.....two 9850 BE's at 3ggz...*creams*

supposedly amd was supposed to make some nice quads for socket 1207.... they've already got barcelona's on it

if i can find that barcelona's can be put on this board.. i wouldnt mind shoving 2 on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom