AMD Quad FX Worklog/Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
supposedly amd was supposed to make some nice quads for socket 1207.... they've already got barcelona's on it

if i can find that barcelona's can be put on this board.. i wouldnt mind shoving 2 on

from what i have read, the ws wont support barcelonas.
the ws/b does:
Newegg.com - ASUS L1N64-SLI WS/B Dual 1207(F) NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI SSI CEB Server Motherboard - Server Motherboards
350 bucks...ouch.

and nosir, i wasn't running my ram but at like 875ish for the superpi crown.
you should be able to recapture the lead pretty easily...
i have no problem losing it to an esteemed fellow overclocker such as yourself. :)

Nos said:
i'm just praying they havent completely scrapped socket 1207...
Almost a year and a half and no new proc. Sounds like your prayer never got above the ceiling, my friend.

i'm just praying they havent completely scrapped socket 1207...

for my sake... i hope they do bring phenom x4's/ FX over to this board... i would love to have octacore goodness... even if it is amd...

quad opties are socket 1027-L while the FX is socket 1207-FX

at least i think thats how it was

but i know quad opties are 1207.. i just needa see if i can shove them on this board

*edit*

this just in!!! got tired of the 8800gts... and i'm reverting back to an EVGA 8800gtx :)

glad to hop back on a card thats held its weight for over a year ;)

sry to tell u this, but AMD scrapped the idea of having two Phenoms on one mobo back in Q4 2007. This was all over the internetz at the time, where were u?

from what i have read, the ws wont support barcelonas.
the ws/b does:
Newegg.com - ASUS L1N64-SLI WS/B Dual 1207(F) NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI SSI CEB Server Motherboard - Server Motherboards
350 bucks...ouch.

and nosir, i wasn't running my ram but at like 875ish for the superpi crown.
you should be able to recapture the lead pretty easily...
i have no problem losing it to an esteemed fellow overclocker such as yourself. :)

ah good sport...

but sending me the badnews of no quad opties for me :(

hopefully these quad fx arent all multiplier dependent to oc past 3.0ghz... cuz i plan on some low multi action and ddr1000 clocked memory!!

and trotter.. you just had to beat the poor lil animal when it was already killed... nice way to shoot me down farther!!!! :p

haha!! all in good jokes :)

Actually, I was reading a review of the Barcellonas yesterday which said that they would be backward-compatible with the 1207 boards (with a possible BIOS update), but that the new features wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom