amd problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

irbigbird

Solid State Member
Ive seen what seems like alot of comments about amd's. I have two of them, older, one keeps rebooting and the other wont power up anymore and now neither will power up. I am now wondering if amd made a good computer.

amd makes some really good products...the only processor that i have ever used has been amd...but when it comes to comuters i would just go ahead and build myself one from scratch cause then you know whats in it...and also a good thing is that more stuff will be compatible with it which is a plus in the computer world...but stick with amd processors they are the best you can use

I would like to point out that AMD only made the processor. Theres a lot of other things that could be going wrong inside your computer. (ie. Hard drive failure, mobo going bad, power supply gone, corrupted files in the operating sys, virus...)

Also, processors are designed to function for approximately 20 years. although its hard to imagine having a computer that is 20 years old. Bottom line is that AMD does make a good product, if they didn't, they would be out of business.

BTW, What kind of processors are in your older computers?
(speed)

hmm rebooting? wun start up?

these 2 are probably the main factors:

1) ur PSU has probably worn out after main faithful years, but its time u chucked it out for a newer PSU :D
2) ur fans... its probably hot in there... hmm, go get some gd high spd fans with copper heat sink

in case u were wondering why ur AMD rebooted itself automatically and wudnt start up... its probably bcoz it overheated...

CPUs which overheat would shut off itself to prevent further damage, u can check out your shut off temp in ur Bios... :D, hmm the reason u cant start up is prob bcoz the CPU is still trying to cool itself down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom