AMD Phenom II x4 965 / MSI 785GTM-E45 Overclocking Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutnj19

Solid State Member
I'm the process of trying to get some extra juice out of my build.

I have a Cooler Master 8 heat sink and according to HWMonitor, my CPU is running idle at 29 degrees celsius.

At the moment, I've got 3.4 GHz.

The MSI 785GTM-E45 board has an onboard OC switch that you can use to increase FSB by up to 20%, but even when I set the switch at 5%, I get an error when booting up saying that the switch needs to be set at a lower frequency.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I'm a newb at overclocking, so I need as much instruction as possible and any help y'all could offer would be greatly appreciated!

set the multiplyer to 19, the frequency to 200, and voltage to 1.50 that will get you to 3.8ghz, see if it will boot, if it does, run prime95 for 20 minutes, if it doesnt fail, go back into the bios and decrease the voltage a little at a time ( the next lowest setting ) and see if it boots, if it does run pime95 for 20 minutes, if it doenst crash, go back into the bios and lower the voltage again, repeat untill it either doesnt boot or fails prime95 ( it will crash ). when you get to the point where it doesnt boot or crash, increase the voltage by the next availbae setting and you will have a phenom II 965 at 3.8ghz ;) also, dont let your temeratures go above 55°C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom