AMD or the P4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenken

Baseband Member
Ok i am planning on buying/building a new pc soon but i would like the hear the pros and cons of getting a amd based machine or a p4 and see some of your answers on which processor is better. I will mainly use the computer to play games.

doesn't matter, amd's are still very for the value

$190 amd's can beat $1000+ intels in many games

if i were you, i'd get the amd64 venice 3200+ retail box, cheap and great

Well most of the thing that concerns me is some games require high operating frequency and the amd chips seem to stick around 2.2 ghz range. P4s go all the way up to 3.7ghz

AMD's frequencies are not the same as Intel's; amd's design is superior's to intels, making them perform way better (a 3200+ performs similar to a intel 3.2ghz)

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041221/images/chart_004.png

that's a benchmark of the CPU's

the Intel EE's are the extreme editions (the $1000+ cpu's)

the intel 3.2Ghz gets 123fps, while the amd 3200+ gets around 142 (should be more with the new venice core)

bottom line, unless you're those retards buying dell, go with an AMD

Thanks your post helped me alot. I got alittle edgy over amd chips because i though the lower frequency numbers made them crappier. Now i see that they are very very good chips.

Yeah get an AMD for gaming. I agree with that.

Don't be fooled by the lower cpu freq.

The processing architecture for AMD do more work per clock cycle.

AMD also use less power and dont run as hot, which saves you some $$$ on an electrical bill

Intel have an edge in multitasking on the consumer line as well as video editing.

Comparing a 3200+ to a 3.2GHZ Intel, the 3200+ will outpeform.

And even if you are into multitasking, AMD simply gives more bang for the buck due to their much lower prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom