AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

ok, Bear with me here:

I JUST OC'd my 9950BE.. I'm new to this.. I want 3.5 G but it wouldn't go above 17X multiplier, 1.96 DDR, and 1.3875 CV.. I'm prolly doing something wrong.

Processor: x4 9950 PhenomBE Agena, 65nm
Stepping: 3
Revision: DR-B3
VID: ??
Final Clock: 3310.2 MHZ @ 16.50x
Final Vcore: 1.376 @ 16.5x mult

Power supply: Rosewill 750w
MotherBoard: ASUS M3A 32 MVP
RAM: Corsair Dominator 2 @ 2G 1066m
Timmings: ???
RAM to FSB: 3:5
Final RAM Voltage: 1.96

Stress testing program: Nothing
Hour of Stability: 3
Max Load Temparture: 44* idle/ 45* slightly loaded
Reason for Stress Test End: None done

Heatsink: Rosewill Z5 Air heatsink
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver
Lapped Heatsink: ?
Lapped Processor: ??

I did get some pics for the experts.. If there's anything I have question marks in, by all means help me out.. What else should I mess with the get me to 3.5g.. I know I can do it on air..

PRE OC'ing
ocpicforboardsng9.bmp

Final Stable OC
331gocssel8.bmp

Enlaraged
big33gssrf5.png

If you can get 3.3ghz stable, then leave it at that.

For 3.4ghz you'll probably need like 1.5Vore+

^Hmmmm .. SO I'm actually doing pretty good where I'm at then?

1.5 v core? can I upgrade? I'm still new to this.. I think it's nice to have 3.3g @ 45* idle.. Gonna try and play a game and see how it goes..

Woops..

Just crashed as SOON as I grabbed my book to grab a game.. What do the experts here think I need to fix?? as far as the stats I listed.. It was at 45*c shortly before it crashed.. Just had FF running w 8 windows open and Pandora.com playing.. and PC Probe open to monitor temps. -Any other program for PC Stats?? Is there a better one out there?

UPDATE
well, it's been 45 minutes and it's fine so far.. *knock on wood*

Up the Vcore to 1.45 and see if that stabilizes it.

Cause your Vcore is a little low for 3.3ghz. Considering its a first generation Phenom.

^Hmmmm .. SO I'm actually doing pretty good where I'm at then?

1.5 v core? can I upgrade? I'm still new to this.. I think it's nice to have 3.3g @ 45* idle.. Gonna try and play a game and see how it goes..

there is a phenom II out there with your name on it!

Nice new sig, taste.

I still can't get a higher OC on mine. I'm really sad. :[

^^ Didn't they say that the 45nm core didn't OC that well?? I thought I remember reading something saying that it needs to have the bugs worked out.

Brought the Vcore up to 1.4125, reading 1.408.. Seems fine so far... is my DDR correct @ 196?

I'll try to step up the Multiplier to 17, w a slight adjustment to the Vcore again.. What shouldn't I go past? I remember the other response said not to go above 1.425..

Darn it, I can't find my OC notes/journal from last night.. It took about 8 tries to get here.

bmarkan4.png

:drool: Ooooooh!! 3.0G stock!!! :drool:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Note to Self: Don't mess with the CPU - NB Freq Mult.. It wouldn't post.. lol..

I bumped the Vcore to 1.425.. I'm renovating my bathroom, so I'll leave this running to play my Pandora.com radio stations... It's running @ 46*c now w a 2% useage.. WHen I get my liquid cooling setup, I'll run a torture test on it.

update:
It's not stable... It crashed again.. I think I need to step down my Mult to 16x. It's runnin @ 47* w a slight load now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom