AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Not going off topic,

But I remember when a mate of mine broke his internal fan and cooled it with a giant space fan... Rofl...

Not going off topic,

But I remember when a mate of mine broke his internal fan and cooled it with a giant space fan... Rofl...

lol! its actually pretty at effective at getting a bunch of cold air in the case when you've got air cooling... i tried doing that one time to see if i could get better temps... the air outside was too hot tho... just ended up heating the cpu to about 70C! lol!

i hit the limit with this CPU. I upped the CPU core volt to 1.52v, NB core to 1.250v, HT core volt to 1.30v, HT ref. is still 236, HT Multiplier is still 5x, Core Multiplier is still 14x, RAM timings are 5-5-5-15-26, 2T, CPU/7 (1:2), and DRAM frequency is 472.1MHz.

Untitled-1.jpg

oh n im running 71 processes btw o_O.

This one was actually very easy to get up to 3ghz with stock cooling and barely any voltage increase. With a nice cooler I could probably get 3.2ghz stable.

But I m looking into getting a E5200 or E7200 (newegg canada is so expensive) and running 3.5ghz 24/7. So much for me being an AMD fan boy.

This is what i run 24/7 with no issues, been running it since i got the chip in January:

5000.jpg

Pretty basic oc, all i touched was voltage and multiplier....ram left untouched. Notice how low my core voltage is at 3ghz??? This chip should be able to hit 3.5ghz on a good board.

This is what i run 24/7 with no issues, been running it since i got the chip in January:

sp3220081024124134copyjc2.jpg

Pretty basic oc, all i touched was voltage and multiplier....ram left untouched. Notice how low my core voltage is at 3ghz??? This chip should be able to hit 3.5ghz on a good board.

nice, but wait second..............it seems the RAM is too loose dont u think? I mean, i dont want RAM to be slower then how much faster data is being send from the CPU. On the contrary, my mobo is very good, im just cant seem to find a way around my CPU's limit is all.

i will try loosing my RAM from 5-5-5-15-26 to perhaps 5-6-6-18-26 when i get time, i just have too much homework to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom