AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

yes. okay that means you may be running your HT bus a little fast (236 x 5 = 1180, try to keep it at < 1000 or so for overclocking purposes) . try dropping the ht multi to 4 and see if that has a positive result.

yes. okay that means you may be running your HT bus a little fast (236 x 5 = 1180, try to keep it at < 1000 or so for overclocking purposes) . try dropping the ht multi to 4 and see if that has a positive result.

lol isnt that the point of having my CPU run faster?

EDIT:

oh to be more stable at higher levels. I'll mess with it a bit later, i got math homework to do.

yeah your cpu will still run faster, but it lowers the bandwidth availible for your memory controller, but its no big deal because it doesnt use that much in the first place.
good luck with math. its saturday, dude...i commend your dedication.

Either that or the Intel burn in app. 7 hours of orthos made me think my cpu was stable, but then I ran Intel burn in and it failed. It's a lot faster and much more comprehensive. Instead of running a bunch of Lucas-Lehmer equations it runs the Linpack test suite (the thing they use to calculate the speed of super computers).

Hey, I'm new but uh... I don't know what the heck half of those mean but heres what I know

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2.1GHz Dual-Core Processor
Stepping:unknown
Revision:unknown
VID: wtf???
Final Clock: 2.4GHz
Final Vcore:default

Power supply: 350 watt
MotherBoard: MSI K9N Neo-F V3
RAM: 2 GB supertalent @ 900MHz
Timmings:???
RAM to FSB:???
Final RAM Voltage:default

Stress testing program:NTUNE
Hour of Stability: wat?
Max Load Temparture:100F
Reason for Stress Test End: bored with doing nothing

Heatsink:AMD stock fan
Thermal Paste:Stock
Lapped Heatsink:Stock
Lapped Processor:Stock

Core temp AND CPUZ Screen Shot:
wtf.jpg

ill buy ur card dood(ur sig card lol)

If you have an nvidia card (which ur sig says otherwise) you can use ntune to get like 1GHz higher sumtimes (I got my 2.1 GHZ to 3GHz once)

You have to use some short of rules to see if the settings are stable.

Whether that be prime 95 or orthos or OCCT or just gamming, it has to be at least a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom