AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Well, when I run my brisbane at stock speeds, core temp reads my cores as low as -2c, which cant be right. But, going off that, right now core temp maxs out at about 40c only, so go figure. The single cpu temp shown on speedfan idles at about 30c and maxs out at load at 60c at 3ghz. Go figure off that.

lol i just used to touch the top of the heatsink. if it was cool, no problem. if it was lukewarm, watch the voltage. if it was hot, too much voltage! it was an exact science, lemme tell ya.
but 60* is about right for 3ghz. maybe a little high, not much though.

dude i cant get back to 3.3GHz anymore. Probably because my BIOS was updated to v1.5. Even if i hit 3.300MHz, my computer gets a BSOD. I can barely get 3.268MHz on 1.45v instead of 1.40v at 3.3GHz back in BIOS v1.3.

i could try loosing my RAM timings but that hasnt done much good n im tired of trying anymore. Now my Windows Performance Card thing says my lowers rating is 5.5 instead of 5.6, my CPU performance.

ideally, i would like to reach at least 3.5GHz but i think i hit my limit. Any suggestions?

if you hit 3.5, lemme know...that is probably higher than you will be able to get with it.
as far as the drop in oc ability, reflash to the previous bios, unless there is something you really need in the new one.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ BE
Stepping: 2
Revision: BH-G2
VID: 1.3250
Final Clock: 3207Mhz
Final Vcore: 1.45v (1.44v reporting)

Power supply: OCZ 850w GameXstream
MotherBoard: Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H 790GX
RAM: 2x2gig Mushkin Redline
Timmings: 5-5-5-12
RAM to FSB:
Final RAM Voltage: 2.1

Stress testing program: superpi, COD4, Crysis, Trackmania, Grid, Resistance 2, Episode II
Hour of Stability: 3 days, no locks, about 18 hours gaming
Max Load Temparture: I have bogus temp readings all around :S
Reason for Stress Test End: Had stuff to do on the computer other than game and bench

Heatsink: OCZ Vendetta II
Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-2
Lapped Heatsink: Nope
Lapped Processor: Nope

Core temp AND CPUZ Screen Shot: showing both Core Temp and Speed Fan...don't know what one to believe....I think SpeedFan though...

Voltage Information Picture: According to Gigabyte...they are all 'Normal' lol.

I havn't even had it a week yet, so really havn't played around with it to much.
I went from a s939 x2 4400 @ 2.7....big difference lol.

if you hit 3.5, lemme know...that is probably higher than you will be able to get with it.
as far as the drop in oc ability, reflash to the previous bios, unless there is something you really need in the new one.

well it updated the CPU Module so i can use a Phenom x4 :p. I plan to get a 45nm Deneb (January 9th 2009) or 45nm Deneb FX (Q2 2009).

got any advice how i can hit higher clocks? Loosing RAM clocks? Raise RAM voltage? I'm gonna need to take screen shots of AMD Overdrive when i get home. I'm at RCC, Photoshop class n yes on a Mac lol.

CntdwnToExtn I strongly recommend running either orthos or prime95. Just gaming isn't a very reliable way to stress test. It may seem fine, but down the road at some point you make start to get bsods. Run one while your away at class during the day, or at night if you can sleep to the sounds of fans. Its best to know now than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom