AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Yeah, I'm not a big computer techie (as you can see) so I don't really know how to get into the BIOS settings and all that. Nor do I know how to perform and stress tests. The reason I don't want to OC too much is because my GPU runs pretty warm (50 degrees in idle), and I don't want two things getting really hot. Also, the reason I'm doing this is because I am upgrading my card and I don't want my card to be better than my cpu and have it bottleneck.

50 degrees idle for a video card is actually very good...

my 8800gtx and 8800gt both ran close to 60 at idle.. and my 2900xt ran 63ish idle

Yeah, I'm not a big computer techie (as you can see) so I don't really know how to get into the BIOS settings and all that. Nor do I know how to perform and stress tests. The reason I don't want to OC too much is because my GPU runs pretty warm (50 degrees in idle), and I don't want two things getting really hot. Also, the reason I'm doing this is because I am upgrading my card and I don't want my card to be better than my cpu and have it bottleneck.

Video Cards run hot.

That is fine

bah! I told a guy on this forum I thought 50 was pretty cool. He insisted my card was very hot and said not to OC it much. but back to the point, I need to know how to OC my cpu! haha

increase your HTT to get a higher clock, and raise voltage as accordingly... i don't know how your bios looks... so i can't really say... can you take pictures of your bios options

Sure, I can do that, not exactly sure how to get into the settings though. Will I be able to take a SS of it and paste it right away, cuz if not I wouldn't be able to get more than 1 at a time i assume.

screen shot button doesnt work in bios.. you'd have to physically use a camera

what is your motherboard?

ASUS m2n-e SLI. that camera thing would be a little difficult would have to borrow my brother's or somthing.

All right thanks get back to me whenever you can. Just so you know, the cpu is at 37 degrees not really doing much right now. I think thats pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom