AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

If those temperatures are accurate, definitely.

Oh yes, those are accurate temps. Ever since I got my new Thermaltake V1 heatsink, those temps have been down!! haha

Thanks for letting me know everything is good!

uhhh im trying my best to get to 3.4GHz, it's just not working! I have my NB and CPU HT volts at 1.250.

any advice?

I'm have no experience in AM2 but try raising your volts more. 1.2v seems low for a 65nm chip. Especially an AMD since they don't OC as well.

i dont think he means the cpu voltage, but the NB and hypertransport. if i am incorrect, OP, let me know. you will need 1.4V+ on your cpu to get that high. and i will be impressed if you can get a stable 3.4ghz.
also, try dumping a gb of ram and see, also downclock it to take it out of the equation.

I always keep my memory under spec when OC'ing. Even if I know they can take it I keep them under just to eliminate the variable.

Heck right mow I have my mem and fsb running at 1:1, funny how that worked out in the end when I got to 4ghz.

i dont think he means the cpu voltage, but the NB and hypertransport. if i am incorrect, OP, let me know. you will need 1.4V+ on your cpu to get that high. and i will be impressed if you can get a stable 3.4ghz.
also, try dumping a gb of ram and see, also downclock it to take it out of the equation.

CPU core is volted up to 1.45v, North Bridge is 1.250v, CPU HT is 1.250v, RAM is 2.2v n timings are 5-5-5-12-24. FSB is 236, HT is 1180MHz, Multiplier is 14x. Temps are low as always, ranging from 26 C to 33 C idle, depending on time of day, 30 C to 35C load, depending on time of day.

I always keep my memory under spec when OC'ing. Even if I know they can take it I keep them under just to eliminate the variable.

Heck right mow I have my mem and fsb running at 1:1, funny how that worked out in the end when I got to 4ghz.

but if i go 1:1, then i get half the speed of my RAM; im at 1:2.

you are probably at the limit of the chip. i could only get mine a little past 3.3
try going to like 1.55V and see if it soes anything. that will tell you for sure. temps will be high.

you are probably at the limit of the chip. i could only get mine a little past 3.3
try going to like 1.55V and see if it soes anything. that will tell you for sure. temps will be high.

what volts should i raise the NB n CPU HT to where im not like in critical lvls?

i think 1.3 would be about as high as i would go. they dont really have the effect on stability that intels NB voltage does, though. do you have your HT bus underclocked? what HT multi are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom