AMD Opteron 148 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my old 148 up to 2.9ghz stable w/ no problems before i gave it to my dad. Keeping the thoughts you have of dual cores in your head is dumb. FEAR may be the only game right now but later it wont be. Its well worth the money and just looking at 2.9vs w/e is dumb because you know that AMD isnt about the core speed.

im looking at a straight comparison of cpu speeds in sc vs dc for their difference in PRICE. Whats wrong with that? a 2.4ghz sc is equal to a 2.4ghz dc when playing a game w/o a patch.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

its right there on the benchmarks! AMD is about the core speed when you compare AMDs! And I think i just want a 148 to get my system to my house...dc is too expensive regardless. I'll upgrade it later. I did notice the 165 price keeps going up though...which doesn't make sense at all....

As that has already been answerd and does make sense. The optys are gonna disapear for S939. And i dont need any bechmark to tell me that my 3800+ is better than my old Opty 148. If the Opty was better than obviously i would have it and if somebody had a dual core and didnt get the patch for FEAR then they are dumb. Period.

*sigh*....is it now... http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=258&model2=237&chart=70

It's been proven that a DC without a game that supports DCs runs like a SC of equal speed, which is significantly cheaper. IDK why the optys would disappear, considering there are still 754 cpus on newegg, which are ancient. and the optys are rather new. Unless you know exactly the # produced, amds plans, and have a degree in marketing and production, than you're just BS'n.

The opty 165 is better than your x2 3800 anyway. its a dc and OCs to like 2.75GHz.

IDK why the optys would disappear, considering there are still 754 cpus on newegg, which are ancient. and the optys are rather new. Unless you know exactly the # produced, amds plans, and have a degree in marketing and production, than you're just BS'n.
The opty 165 is better than your x2 3800 anyway. its a dc and OCs to like 2.75GHz.
:rolleyes:

eh? eh? talking against optys here aint dat bright my man...They haul ***. and everyone knows it

You cant try to make an idiot out of somebody when you already made an idiot out of yourself. You answered your own question and proceed to get at me? HA. Also, nice try on the 165, but im at 2.5 and still have room to go on the X2 3800+. My watercooling will arrive sometime this weekend and i will see hwo far i can get it. Also, the E-***** competition stops here.

what? go talk to 003...his opty is at 2.75GHz and can hit 2.8, all on air.

003 - "it starts at 1.8, but they overclock very well. the overclocks range from 2.5-2.9ghz on air cooling. be it the lowest or highest overclock, it will outperform the 3800+ and it has twice the cache."

And when did I make an idiot of myself? all of my comments are fact. I even provided links okay. So idk what you are talking about

I have both an opty 148 and a 3800x2 and I like them both but the opty is far higher performance no question about it. But c'mon guys, this is like trying to compare apples to oranges. The dual will kill the opty in multi-tasking so it is better for a regular PC. But definately go with an opty if you like gaming and OCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom