Amd Fx-57

Status
Not open for further replies.
would the extra $1500 rly be worth it tho, like hoe much of an increase in performance would u see?

Heyyo,

Well dude, your cpu's just fine man. Of course you'd get an increase in framerates for games if you bought a FX-57.. but I bet you'd see a bigger increase in framerates with a new vidcard, and at a lower price too. Like mentioned before in other, you could try getting an evga 6600GT or another good brand. Even better, see if your mobo.. oh wait it's dell, nevermind, you'll probably need to buy a new mobo that supports SLI, and then buy 2 6600gt's (have to be the exact same cards!) and throw them on your new mobo that supports SLI and run those buggers as 1 and there ya go, incredible framerates. That's like, half the price if not less than the FX-57 but your ability to play games on higher settings will skyrocket. 2 6600GT's in SLI is probably the 3rd best setup you can do for vidcards to date. So that's damn impressive stuff man.

So yeah, new cpu's do help, but remember, when it comes to gaming priority #1 is the vidcard.

well, if you wanna do some hardcore computer calculations n' whatnot or encoding.. then sure, they say the fx-57 will be the last, and best single core cpu made.

my dell is my family computer so i cant always game on it, thats why im building a new one, for my self, here are the specs:

AMD 3200+
eVGA or leadtek 6800GT
DFI lanpaty ultra (maybe sli)
and a nice raptor drive

then overclock like hell!

i wouldnt go with sli just yet just one single 6800GT and then maybe l8er on add another 1

Of course its worth it. Unlocked multipliers, 90 micron processing, increased overclocking ability over the fx-55, fastest gaming processor. What more can the enthusiast want?

Hacp said:
Of course its worth it. Unlocked multipliers, 90 micron processing, increased overclocking ability over the fx-55, fastest gaming processor. What more can the enthusiast want?

Something that doesnt over do it and costs less...

i just find that price is rly retarded, im putting about $1200 into my new system andw then hopefully gonna buy a plasma or lcd (leaning more to lcd) tv and hook my pc up to that

rofl, 1200 dollars wont get you what you really want. plasma? thats like 500 bucks for a 15".

good luck thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom