AMD Equivalent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadedchron

Solid State Member
Hi,

My brother bought this setup a few months ago with an additional memory stick and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128). Nowadays, it's probably not even middle ground, but it seems to run Warcraft, Battlefield (low-mid settings) just fine.

I'm trying to find the equivalent for it on the AMD/Nvidia side. I am thinking of the 6600 GT for the ATI card, but the rest I'm just not sure. I only have about $2-300 for the system including memory, but minus the hdd and $2-250 for the videocard.

In the past, I've built two computers and have had crap luck with compatibility, so hopefully, someone can help with this aspect as well.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Nick

ATI makes your 9800 Pro, and the Nvidia equivelant is the 5900Ultra

Your post doesnt make all that sense, and your not getting an upgrade for the money you have.

ATI makes your 9800 Pro, and the Nvidia equivelant is the 5900Ultra

Your post doesnt make all that sense, and your not getting an upgrade for the money you have.

-Yes, ATI makes the 9800 Pro, but the 5900 Ultra doesn't match up price-wise.

-Which part didn't make sense?

-I am running a 900mhz celeron with 256mb of ram. It's definitely an upgrade, but trying to find someone who can help me squeeze in the best for that budget range.

Well 128MB is just crap, you need to get a 512 stick, for gods sakes you can get one for $40.

-128mb on the videocard, not the system (which is why it's next to the videocard in parenthesis).

Anyone else?

Yes, there was an "additional memory stick" of 512mb.

Basically, I'm just looking for an AMD equivalent of these components that would be 100% compatible:

*ECS PM800-M2 P4 Motherboard (8X800VD4ALURSATA)
*2.40 GHz 533MHz 1MB Intel Pentium 4

and an Nvidia equivalent of the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb.

Thank you-

Well an AMD equivelant needs a new motherboard.

The 5900Ultra is the 9800Pro matchup, the 5900Ultra is no longer manafactuered now.

SHAWN said:
20g maxtor 5400rpm 512k cache HDD. LOL, your wasteing your money.

That was not the harddrive purchased nor was it relevant. How can you be cleaning the forums one thread at a time with posts such as this?

Anyway, the 2600+ seems to be the closest match. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom