AMD equal to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
More like a 3GHz hence the name "3000+"

The whole reason AMD names their CPUs (this is to thread starter) is to make it easier on intel users...the number 3200+ implies it is about the same in performance to an Intel of 3.2GHz or perhaps a little more in some cases.

AMD = gaming
Intel = Apps is WAY too vague, especially as of late AMD is closing the gap on intel on such things.....it's not just 'apps' in general, it's the fact that Intels are for MULTITASKING specifically....other than that AMD's perform just as good as day to day operations, but if you're wanting to encode a lot of things while still doing this and that and you aren't much of a gamer then perhaps Intel is for you.

I'm not an insane gamer, but my processor does everything I need and then some for every application I use....and the only real CPU intensive app I have is photoshop.

I have a 3200+ Venice clocked to 2.5GHz so that's about the equivelant of a 4100+ venice.

What nubius is said is true

But a 3000+ AMD in gaming kicks the living crap outta a 3.2 GHZ intel, but 3000+ and 3.0GHZ intel are pretty much the same in office app's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom