amd core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best, I am sure you could push out 200-300mhz. Venice cores are the best for OC'ing, and actually cheap. What were you thinking on buying?

my other comp not in my sig i was thinking of a amd 3400 my friend has a newcastle and says he has over 220 fsb. how much could i expect with that and some corsair xms?

Reviews on newegg show that the AMD Venice 3000+ 1.8ghz was successfully overclocked to 2.6-2.8 on stock cooling with no problems. The brand motherboard also counts as a factor in overclocking.

jester6565 said:
my other comp not in my sig i was thinking of a amd 3400 my friend has a newcastle and says he has over 220 fsb. how much could i expect with that and some corsair xms?

I got my newcastle 939 3400+ up to 2.67GHZ

Counter-Strike said:
Not the best, I am sure you could push out 200-300mhz. Venice cores are the best for OC'ing, and actually cheap. What were you thinking on buying?
San Diegos are just as good, they are both basicly the same, except one has 1mb of cache.

A core has no guranteed performance, as each one if manufacturered differently and most likely speedbinned differently. It is true that the Newcastle is probably the least successful overclocking core on the socket 939 platform though.

The Venices, much like the Winchesters, appear to have degraded in overall overclockability since their original launch.

Earlier week and stepping number cores generally overclock better than later ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom