AMD cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn well if the case jumped 10C just when u were gaming then the card must have been pretty hot :p
MY card doesnt get that at least i dont think it does, because it's only a FX 5200 :D
Yeah but for some reason my cpu and mobo do and ive got:
2 fans at the back and 1 at the front, stock hsf, thermal paste and of course 1 on the battery sucking hot air out... Is this a good setup?? And what can i do to improve it (I dont want water cooling and i dont want to spend to much $$)
thanks,

You definitely need a new box with more fan slots, you're gonna
generate alot more heat with the Athlon 2500.

lol i just bought a new case lol and now ur telling me i need another one ?!?!?!? geese wat is the world coming too!

you can pick up any cheap case for like 30 bucks.. go stand on the corner for a couple hours with a sign that says "I won't resort to eating shit!".. you'll get a new case in no time ;)

you probably do not need a new case unless your CPU temps are over 55celcius at full load. we are only suggesting to you that it is nice to have optimal air cooling. how many fans are on this new case?

I only have two fans, one hsf, one case. My cpu stays at 40C idle, about 43C under load. cpu is a 2000xp oc to 1.8ghz.

1 fan support??? 3 u mean :p
Yeha but i like this case lol, how about if i took the side panel off lol would that take temps down?

Yo....

Yes, it would but it would be better if you had more cooling (ex. fans). Like you said you had just bought it and if you cannot return it and get a better one then i gess your stuck ...:( So you have some options 1. you can do some mods. 2. you can get a better case (there are decent ones for 30-40 bucks) or 3. if your stuck with the case just mod it or you can leave the side panel open. unless you can think of anything else..?? Guys? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom