AMD buys ATI for 5.4billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
well walk into best buy or something.. and take a look at almost all pre build amd's... they almost all have the ati xpress 200 chipset
Ok now take a nice look at what you just said. You use the words Best Buy in a sentence w/ something so yea. You wont find good stuff at Best Buy ever. EVER.

well walk into best buy or something.. and take a look at almost all pre build amd's... they almost all have the ati xpress 200 chipset

the chipset does not mean there is a link, VIA chipsets are used on some AMD boards yet VIA make their own CPU's and i have heard of no business relationship with VIA. ATI just went where the money was, which meant throwing an offering into the AMD chipset market.

i think this is probably a very good market move by the two companies, although i hope to god that they do not make any stupid decisions along the lines of proprietary hardware or it could be quite damaging to their sales

P.P. Mguire said:
Ok now take a nice look at what you just said. You use the words Best Buy in a sentence w/ something so yea. You wont find good stuff at Best Buy ever. EVER.

well when 100,000's of your average consumers buy them.... why does it matter???? they're making way more profit off that i would assume

This may put a dent into dell if you ask me... I have noticed a LOT of dell computers use ATI cards and with ATI and AMD being merged like that... It may hurt Dell...

Hey cool, never thought of that charles_scott.

I wonder if Dell will start putting AMDs in their desktops.

eMachines mostly uses AMD and nVidia, so I wonder how that will work out too.

Dell has a contract with AMD to put chips into their machines... I know some Gov contracts are already life-cycling some of the older machines for the newer ones with AMD 3200 64's in them... So I would think the merger would benifit both AMD and Dell, now that Dell can buy from pretty much one buyer and get all the parts they need.... CPU, mobo, and GPU all in one shot

http://uk.theinquirer.net/?article=33281

charles_scott said:
This may put a dent into dell if you ask me... I have noticed a LOT of dell computers use ATI cards and with ATI and AMD being merged like that... It may hurt Dell...

oh **** yea, i would love to see dell loose some business. Maybe now they will start using some amd processors.

Found this on the FAQ on amd.com

Q: What will the combined company operate as?
A: The combined company will operate as AMD.

does this mean no more ATI on graphics cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom