AMD athlon XP 2800+ 333mhzfsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendz

Solid State Member
i have the forementioned cpu and its clockin at 1250mhz when its supposed to be 2080mhz can anyone help me i have a Soyo KT600 Plus mobo and 512mb pc2700

well... AMD's are not suppost to be like that. Like intels, a 3.0 is 3000MHZ. Its not the case with AMD's. Like a 2600 only pushes out like 1250MHZ like u said. Thats just how AMD's are. But i mean... The MAX amd only goes up to around 2.6 2.8? around there.. but there is nothing wrong with it. If i OC it then yea but its gonna be the same.

Its not the case with AMD's. Like a 2600 only pushes out like 1250MHZ like u said. Thats just how AMD's are.

do not listen to this person. ^^

look you your motherboard manual and see if there is a actual fsb switch on the motherboard. you have to switch that so it reads the cpu as a 333/400 fsb chip. you must either have a switch on the actual mobo or it will be in the bios. read your manual :p

<-- not a amd fan nor do i have a amd. But as for the #'s go, i am right about it. a 2800 is not a 2.8ghz.

dont post on subjects you know little about. you might make him ruin his hardware, which is not coo.

if he tries to force a 2800+ to run at 2.8 Ghz it will probably explode into a giant ball of flames.

well... AMD's are not suppost to be like that. Like intels, a 3.0 is 3000MHZ. Its not the case with AMD's. Like a 2600 only pushes out like 1250MHZ like u said. Thats just how AMD's are. But i mean... The MAX amd only goes up to around 2.6 2.8? around there.. but there is nothing wrong with it. If i OC it then yea but its gonna be the same.

Dude, get your facts down. The AMD 3000+ might not run at 3.0ghz, but it is as fast, they are desinged differently.

ok look maybe someone is misunderstanding me... All im saying is, a 3000 is not a 3.0. ITS a different speed. I never said about it being not as fast or faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom