AMD athlon XP 2700+

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDR 400ram would be fine, it will clock down to 333mhz and will give you some overclocking room. What is your budget for your video card?

i oc'd my 2700+ 100mhz on stock cooling runs just fine and i too have ddr400 down to 333 for 1to1 ratio i play UT2K4 just fine
128mg 9200se etc my specs are in sig. more ram and some cooling for oc new vid card and i think id be set for a while mine was 620 had cd/dvd monitor-keyboard-mouse- evthng else bought new:cool: :cool:

yes my motherboard has oc'ing options GA-7VT600 1934 how would i go about downing the DDR 400 to 333

wats mobile??? all i no is every 1 said yeah yeah the 2600 is the best on 333Mhz i tryed getting it many companies rung AMD work shop and they said they stop making 2600+ and down is was like bugger

Noobie said:
wats mobile??? all i no is every 1 said yeah yeah the 2600 is the best on 333Mhz i tryed getting it many companies rung AMD work shop and they said they stop making 2600+ and down is was like bugger

they've stopped making ALL XP chips...2400+ - 3200+. 2600M processors are meant for laptops so they run alot cooler (1.45v) and they are totally unlocked for overclocking. They can be run in almost any desktop socket A mobo and they overclock real well. some people get 3.0GHz on them it's crazy. The majortiy hit 2.4-2.6GHz though.

333MHz doesn't mean a thing really, you can ramp it up to 500MHz+ if you have good enough hardware and cooling. I only run mine 466MHz due to PSU and cooling. Highest i ever got stable was 480MHz.

Noobie said:
yes my motherboard has oc'ing options GA-7VT600 1934 how would i go about downing the DDR 400 to 333

mobile is an unlocked multiplyer which neither you nor i have im pretty sure mines at 13x and yours probably is the same

go into bios and look at your settings .. just remember that the numbers youll see will be 1/2 of the speeds ie: 200mhz 166mhz should be the numbers you see DDR=x2 for 400ram and 333cpu so be carefull i put mine up 100mhz(whole sys.NOT bus) with stock cooling im 5c under max temp(of 60c) i have the same board as you can see do you nat have easytune on that just study the numbers and think in multiples and then everything adds up at that point go into bios and make small adjustments to oc the cpu for the ram look at agp slot and then just drop it to 167 and that will change to cpu333ram333 and then oc in small steps look at my specs and just remember dont expect it to go to 2500mhz in your first attemps mine been here for two weeks now and im happy and stable these guys ocing like mad are under extreme cooling so dont mess around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom