AMD athlon XP 2700+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobie

Baseband Member
hi all
ive herd from people that i will need a AMd power supply to power the motherboard and 2700,recently bought the 2700+ 333Mhz and i also bought a ATX case all ready had a max output 400Watt power supply Can i use any power supply ????, is there speacil specs i need for AMD. Also says on that power supply pentium 4 :S so im not quite sure atm. here is the spec of the pwer supply

+12v=17A
+5v=35A
+3.3v=28A
-5v= 1.0A
+5vsb=1.5A

also wondering could i possibly pump the FSB to 400Mhz on the 2700+ would it increase power

That psu will work on a Amd system, the reason it is marked "pentium 4" is that it has a 4pin connector is used to power pentium 4 motherboards. But now even some amd board use that connector

You could up the fsb from 333 (167Mhz) to 400Mhz(200Mhz) But then you would be overclocking your pc. As it would run at a speed of 200mhz x 13 = 2600Mhz - A big overclock, which could damage your system

here is my mb and r u positive this is the right psu for the motherboard to run amd wen it says p4

I'm not to sure how good that motherboard is at overclocking either, best you don't try if you don't know what you are doing :)

well that Mb does up to 400Mhz DDR 3gig front side bus 400Mhz
has SATA RAID AGP 8x and atm i have 400watt PSU AMD athlon XP 2700+ (333Mhz) runs at 2167Mhz with PC2700 DDR do u reckon this would run ok for a gaming computer

Noobie said:
here is my mb and r u positive this is the right psu for the motherboard to run amd wen it says p4

Yes i am positive, the p4 means it has the extra power for a p4 motherboard, which will work fine on a amd motherboard.

Basically raising the Cpu to 200Mhz(400mhz) you would be overclocking, generating more heat which could damage your system , what heatsink are you using?

the 1 that came with the cpu its got thermal jell on da bottom as well! plus 2 system fans running

the 1 that came with the cpu its got thermal jell on da bottom as well! plus 2 system fans running

Best you get a better heatsink before you try any kind of overclocking. I have a Thermaltake Polo 735 it works very well and looks nice.

well that Mb does up to 400Mhz DDR 3gig front side bus 400Mhz has SATA RAID AGP 8x and atm i have 400watt PSU AMD athlon XP 2700+ (333Mhz) runs at 2167Mhz with PC2700 DDR do u reckon this would run ok for a gaming computer

It depends on what graphics card and ram you have.

well thats the thing i havent gone n bought this stuff yet got ney recommendations 4 me:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom