AMD® Athlon™ 64 with HyperTransport Technology VS Pentium 4 ht or extreme edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiZ

Baseband Member
I am having difficulty in understanding which of these processors are better??

I have never user an 'amd' before. I have always used intel pentium.

If i had a 'AMD' does this change anything. i.e. compatibility, or anything like that??

My comp will be used for games, music production. But i basically want a top speed computer.

Can any1 help??

Thanks dudes.

hmmm... I know that intel is best for multitasking and AMD is best for gaming... HOWEVER, intel has the best overclockability. If you are going to be doing a lot of multitasking, then you might want to go with intel and overclock the hell out of it for the games.

Cool Thanks. Wat do you reckon about the intel pentium 4 3.4ghz extreme edition

i would disagree. AMD is ALOT better for gaming. They are slightly better for general use and the P4s are generally better for video and audio editing. Also they both overclock about the same. eg me 3200 winchester has stock of 2.0gig but ive had it past 2.75 and the venice cores overclock higher still.

If i had the athelon. Does that change the graphical user interface?????

In general what do you think about the pentium 4 3.2 extreme edition with HT??

Er... I think Intel processors are better overclockers man. I am not arguing anything or stating an opinion, but I've looked at some other threads here that say they're better for overclocking. Also, they are better with multitasking (which I already said).

HOWEVER, intel has the best overclockability
No they don't.....jeez, this is such an ignorant assumption.......Intels will have a bigger increase in overall MHz.......why because they have big fat pipelines that you NEED to have a lot more OC.......400MHz increase on an Intel would be about a 200MHz increase on an AMD.......Overclocking is all luck of the draw anyway......with luck not being a factor they OC about the same.......the newer AMDs run cooler than the Intels do as well so especially in the case of the venices and san diegos, a 500-800 or more MHz increase isn't at all uncommon and that makes for one powerful CPU.

AMDs is known for being better at gaming, but it's also known that they aren't as good as intel for multitasking.

If i had the athelon. Does that change the graphical user interface?????
.........windows is windows dude........the CPU just makes the computer run....the software is always the same.

get an amd if your gonna be doing gaming.

also im getting 2.7ghz on my 2ghz 3200 winni and my temps are only 44c load

AMD are far better for gaming than intel, and now AMD are beating out intel in alot of music tasks. What do you expect to be doing with the music btw, what software and what uses, be elaborate.

Intel are better OC'ers in term's of mhz, but Intel's run VERY hot and you need some liquid nitrogen and crap. Unless yoru suicide overclocking, AMD are quite a bit better for OC'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom