AMD Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Taylor

Solid State Member
Would i see a large difference in performance between installing an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ "Winchester" as opposed to AMD Athlon 64 3200+ "Winchwester" particularly as the ASUS motherboard has AI NOS?

James

there will be a small difference but not alot. however u can easily o/c both chips to alot faster than that , atm my 3200 is running at 2.4 with is faster than the standard 3500.

At stock you might notice a small boost in performance going with the 3500+. But i'd personally just get the 3200+ and overclock it to the max...you save some cash buying the cheaper chip and they essentially both overclock to ~ the same. The extra cash wouldn't really be wort it to me unless it was liek a $10 difference lol.

I saw an article regarding the newcastle vs winchester core on the 3500+ and the both OC'd to 2.7GHz on air, but the winchester got like 2.796GHz so basically closer to 2.8 while the newcastle got 2.7 even pretty much.

Haven't heard anything about the 3200+ but yeah you should still be able to get it up fairly high and save yourself some cash

btw i got ai nos but manual oc is so much better. even when it wasn't ocing my chip it was adding extra vcore when i had it with ai nos enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom