amd athlon

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
ok whats the best amd athlon processor available at the moment and does it beat the intel pentium 4 3.46 extreme edition?

Hmmm to beat the 3.46GHz EE you'd probably need an AMD64 3800+ up to FX-53 but those are really pricey CPU's....but then again so is the 3.46GHz EE

Also it depends on the applications of course. Toms hardware guide has multiple reviews on all the latest CPUs

his website is www.tomshardware.com but I don't have a direct link to a particular article sry, just recently formatted

the fastest AMD is the Athlon 64 FX-55, which beats the 3.46Ghz EE

formatted, nubius? how come? was it just "that time" again?

The fastest AMD at the moment would have to be the FX55.
Although i heard that there might be a FX 57 coming out next year some time

Here are some benchmarks comparing the 2

Benchmarks

Hope this helps.

yeah, the FX-57 has been a rumour for quite some time now, but it hasnt been confirmed by AMD. Although you could say that it hasnt been disproved by AMD either, so it could happen, it could not. anything short of a legitimate document from AMD will prove it is going to happen. and if amd do release a document outlining their plans for an FX-57, they will likely release it only a few weeks before they release the CPU.

The Intel 3.46 will beat the FX-55 in alot of applications. This new Intel chip is also very good at gaming too.

The best chip Intel has released so far is the Pentium 4 570J which comes at $800 or less, I believe, and outperforms the Pentium 4 EE 3.46 GHz. The FX-55 is the best gaming processor and it is the best for only gaming and the P4 570J is the best processor for everything besides gaming, but it does do pretty well in gaming considering it is an Intel chip.

Intel also came out with or is coming out with the 3.8ghz 1.ghz fsb or maybe its 800mhz fsb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom