amd athlon 25 xp-m first oc temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi just got my athlon xp-m 2500 cpu booted first time at 2.400 ghz

settings are multi 12., fsb 200,vcore 1.68 im a little concerened about my temps its running at around 47 stock and 52 under load is this too high, my athlon xp 2800 was 45 and 50 under load but these were normal temps for the 2800, what is a safe level for the 2500 as i dont wanna blow it cheers mlr, oh and with prime 95 running its around 58

well the way I see it....is that this chip (which oddly enough my moms laptop contains the 2400+ XP-M) reaches atleast in the 50's when it's sitting in a laptop. This thing pumps out some hot ass air when my friend plays a game on it (I'm referring to this laptop not my computer in the sig below) so I figure you keep it below 60 mainly preferably below 55 and you should be good. Mines also at 12x200 currently but I have a vcore of 1.85 I just updated my BIOS so perhaps I can turn it down because it's running prime95 with absolutely no problems. I have INSANE cooling though so thats why I have lower temps even though your Vcore is lower than mine.

9 case fans
2 PSU Fans
1 - 80mm Tornado for the CPU

combined with an SLk-900A lapped heatsink and AS5 ;)

I would say that the 58C at full load would scare me. You gotta figure it'll be hitting that playing games like doom because your graphics card will also be getting hot and putting that hot air into the mix. What kind of cooling do you have? If you have stock those temps seem about right, but I'd REALLY suggest you get a better heatsink and atleast some AS5 especially for overclocking.
Having the vantec tornado helps too ;) but is extremely loud. Even with all the fans I have including 2 of them being blower style duct fans, it's the most predominate sound you hear in my case.

k ive just had to up my vcore to 170 as prime 95 gave me an error after 1 hour im now at 50c stock and 56 under load, im also now running at 2.2525 ghz at 210 fsb 12 multi, at the moment i only have this heatsink
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=129199
and three standard case fans but im gona put another 3 in tomorrow,id realy like to get hold of that vantec tornado but as i live in uk not sure were to get it from,im not too bothered about the noise as i have my headphones on most of the time anyways, if you know of anywere i can get the vantec from could you please let me know cheers again mlr

That's the one :D And dude......if you got 5.....psht...you'd hear it across the house trust me it is NOT even worth the 'cooling possibilities' with 5 of those running. They are pretty power hungry at 9w and like I said are extremely loud. It's a 5700RPM fan and it'd read 6000RPM for me and now I keep it at about 4000 and still you hear that fan over any other one in the case so a fan controller is kinda recommended. the Sunbeam Rheobus if you wind up getting one. I just ran into an error in prime95 after about an error too and that was at 12x200 = 2.4GHz, I just changed it to 11.5x215 and now testing my RAM for errors so I'm at like 2.45 and then I'll run prime95 again. but you gotta realize prime95 is INTENSE and most applications will never make your CPU crunch millions of numbers like that. So if you can get it to an hour 2 hours prime95 stable on the large scale test then you should be able to play your games with no probs.

I just did aquamark03 with 12x200 = 2.4GHz and my Fx 5700 at 300/500 and got 23,900 and man after I changed it to 11.5x215 = 2.465 GHz and changed my FX5700 to 520/570 I think it's at I got 28,000 better increase than I had last time i tried OC'ing the card in my last system. Gonna try and push it more, but I also think I'm going to remove my GFX heatsink and atleast put some AS5 under it

k i now got 8 fans in this thing no improvement on cooling so im gona look into water cooling i cant see the point of buying another heatsink and fan to gain 5c or so, ill let you guys know how it goes

lol good luck...can I have your extra fans :D I wonder if I can make a square box somewhat like on xoxide.com and just make everywall a fan...use 120mm fans and use 4 of them, 2x2 sto make a wall and just build your PC inside that...hmmmm I just might be crazy enough to do it.... :p

lol you might just be it will probably be a month or so before i have the money but that gives me plenty of time to find exactly what i want

lol nubious you might as well lay your motherboard out on a table with a huge fan blowing on it.. (or mayber even a rabbit cage... hmmm)...

when are we gonna get some pics of your setup nubius? i want to see how you've managed to fit in so many fans... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom