AMD 64 x2 dual cores...

Status
Not open for further replies.
charles_scott said:
im going to start buying parts to go onto water cooling.... so any suggestions for a good pump? lol and what size tubing should i get? 3/8 or 1/2? im thinking 1/2 but im not sure....

Have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Off Topic

Charles, check out this site. Thelink is to the moded water-cooled cases.

http://voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=category&id=2&subid=1

You may want to start saving your pennies...

A couple of examples:

Water Cooled Verge REV2
WC_VERGE2_06.jpg

Marked down to $139.95 base.

PrimoChill X-QPack H2O
thumb_XPACK_01.jpg

$299 base.

All of their custom cases have bookoodles of options.

Go over to www.xtremesystems.org and they will teach you everything you need to know.

Is this your first one? I recommend reading Nubius' post in the overclocking section on watercooling. It is a sticky, right at the top. If this is your first, I would build your own. I would buy a set, prolly a cheap one, and set it up and learn. Then for your second or third you can go to peicing together your own.

The larger the piping, the more flow, the cooler your system. Get half inch fittings on everything, and then use 3/8" tubing, so you have an increase flow rate. But like i said, you should buy a kit first. How much money are you looking to spend?

I cant really spend much, thats why im planning on buying the parts as i get the money.... But at most $500 which will take me all summer if not longer to get.....

Not sure, there max temp isnt all that high, but they overclock good on stock from what ive heard.... Guess we will have to wait till someone here gets one and trys it. :)

You better believe me... the first post I am putting up after June 21st will be "anyone overclocked the AMD 64 X2 yet?"

lol, that is if anyone can afford them around here..... Ill save my money buy a water cooling system, then start looking at socket 939 boards with PCIe, then try to buy one of them... Ill have one sometime around 2010?? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom