Amd 64 Unstable when OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
Hmm, well i read around and most people say that when its cooler u can oc more.. strange since im idling at 33c and i can only put my ht to 225htt and then again its barely stable. i tried putting to 250 and increased the VCore to 1.6v buht when i restarted it came up wid bad bios press F1 to run setup. Weird.. Any ideas guys? oh and i did go by small increments

lol.. why dont u put the voltages up to 2??

lolz.. all chips have their limits.. it seems uve reached urs at a low level, shame... it mite have to do with ur ram.. I have PQI, the timings are like 4338 which are really loose so im guessing urs are about the same.. maybe if u want to go higher, tighten them a bit... but if u dont know what ur doing i wouldnt advise doing it.

2? woah my bios only goes to 1.7... so u think i should increase the VCore and it will actualy load into windows? at whut htt do u think or should i just experiment... Thanks for the fast reply =D

lol sorry i forgot to mention i was being sarcastic about the 2. i didnt think id need to mention it :amazed:

please dont up the voltages nemore, or u may be looking for a new chip

i dont think ull get much further without tweaking ur ram, so yeah unless ur confident about doing that,

oh crap u can actually fry your chip? omfg thanks for the headsup!! i was reading somwere that just take the chance because mobos nowadays just restart if its not right... So whut do u suggest? nothing? i cant do anything else? T_T i read on newegg that people got theres to 2.3ghz adn 2.1ghz when im barely hitting 2.0ghz T_T

as i said, ram ram ram! lol... if u want to get higher, tweak ur ram timings

read the overclocking guide above, theres a whole thing on Ram ocing... it will explain it better than I can..

and btw, those timings are too bad, u must have the other edition of PQI, but u could still benefit from a bit of tightening

Ok...first off , if you had your HTT up to 225 and it wasn't stable why would you go to 250?

Also, the chances of frying your chip are fairly slim now-a-days. I pushed 2.225v vcore through my chip trying to get 2.8GHz remotely stable and nothing happened to it.

This isn't to say nothing ever can happen to it, because things to happen but still you're in the clear.

Like I told you in another thread once before, raising the HTT beyond 200 is overclocking your RAM. I can pretty much tell you unless you've underclocked it or have been tweaking your RAM timings and Dimm voltage, that is causing your instabilities.

Also like VIII said, more Vcore is needed for a stable CPU.

All this is covered in the OC'ing basics, so like I tell everyone who just dives in you need to really read up on this stuff because raising the Vcore for stability should be common sense when you want to go to overclock, not something you learn only after pushing your system limits.

VIII it says PC3600 in his sig, so considering it's that speed those timings are about where they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom