AMD 64 Agressive Timing mode - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default AMD 64 Agressive Timing mode

hello
If i set the agressive timing on in my bios, i restart my computer and after that the computer didn't load the windows screen

Even I set the bios mode optimez the computers won't start

i have a AMD 64 3000+ (S939), Moederbord , 512MB RAM,
160 gb serial hard disk

What is the problem? sorry for my bad englisch

Greets sjoerd

Old 07-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

Apparently your Windows install didnt like the aggressive timing mode, and prolly corrupted it. Load the basic defaults in the bios, and you more than likely have to reload Windows. Do you even have RAM that can support some aggressive timings? What kind of Motherboard do you have? What kind of RAM? Is it cooled properly?

You prolly shouldnt be messing with settings like that. You clearly dont know what you are doing, and you could end up destroying some things.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Him - when he puts the aggressive timings, it's mainly going to effect the RAM, and if he's got cheap RAM, then that'll cause the comp to not boot.

It sounds like he simply needs to reset the CMOS so his computer will POST again...since he said he restarted his computer after saving those settings and it no longer would POST it's a bit too early to assume that windows is now corrupt and he has to reinstall it.

Reset the cmos by using the jumpers near the battery.

Consult the manual for instructions on how to do this...if you don't have a manual then you need to look online for your board manufacturers website.

Load optimized defaults in the BIOS, and don't touch the aggressive timings one unless you've got good hardware and know the effects of such actions
Old 07-19-2005, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubius
Him - when he puts the aggressive timings, it's mainly going to effect the RAM, and if he's got cheap RAM, then that'll cause the comp to not boot.

It sounds like he simply needs to reset the CMOS so his computer will POST again...since he said he restarted his computer after saving those settings and it no longer would POST it's a bit too early to assume that windows is now corrupt and he has to reinstall it.

Reset the cmos by using the jumpers near the battery.

Consult the manual for instructions on how to do this...if you don't have a manual then you need to look online for your board manufacturers website.

Load optimized defaults in the BIOS, and don't touch the aggressive timings one unless you've got good hardware and know the effects of such actions
He didnt say it wouldnt post, he said it wouldnt load the Windows screen. Now, that could be due to his lack of knowlegde in said area, but I'm going by what he said, and that is that it didnt load the Windows screen. Means it did post, but never loaded Windwos. Thats what I gathered anyway.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

I'm assuming that the computer would simply not POST, but he might not know that terminology and thus is simply seeing a blank screen which translates into "No windows loading screen"

Otherwise I would think he'd say something closer to "it starts to get there then restarts" or something along those lines....

however, I guess at this point we really don't know since it's not yet abundantly clear
Old 07-19-2005, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to timmer

yea people need to relly start posting there system specs cause thats what we need to know to be able to answer most computer related problems so use ur sig
GeForce Fx 6600GT
Asus P5LD2
HD AUDIO
480W thermaltake
Old 07-20-2005, 03:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Him
Apparently your Windows install didnt like the aggressive timing mode, and prolly corrupted it. Load the basic defaults in the bios, and you more than likely have to reload Windows. Do you even have RAM that can support some aggressive timings? What kind of Motherboard do you have? What kind of RAM? Is it cooled properly?

You prolly shouldnt be messing with settings like that. You clearly dont know what you are doing, and you could end up destroying some things.
i have Nvida Nforce 4 K8N Neo 4 and corsair CL 2,5 512 Ram
Old 07-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

I'll grab this one before Nubs does:

CORSAIR!!! THATS YOUR PROBLEM!

Does it POST and not hit Windows? Or does it not POST at all? Reset the defaults in the BIOS. Not the optimized defaults, the default defaults.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Him
I'll grab this one before Nubs does:

CORSAIR!!! THATS YOUR PROBLEM!

Does it POST and not hit Windows? Or does it not POST at all? Reset the defaults in the BIOS. Not the optimized defaults, the default defaults.

Even i have kingston 512 mb ram the optimzed performace work?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

I was joking, I dont know if your Corsair is bad or not. I wa saying that because Nubs hates Corsair, and I'm not very fond of them either, but I'm not sure if it is your RAM.

Closed Thread