amd 5000+ vs 5600+

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
5000+ is 2.6ghz .

the 5600+ is 2.9ghz

is the 5600+ going to overclock any higher than the 5000?,

i know for a fact i can get a 5000+ to 3ghz no problem, but im wondering what the 5600+ will push to..

anyone?

The 5000+ can push past 3ghz...just depends on what board and voltage
you push through it.

Dont bother with the 5600+.

alright, is there any specific reason not to get the 5600? its the same core (both are brisbane)

i assumed that the 5600 was just a 'cherry' 5000 that happened to run at a higher clock at decent temps in their factory, so they slapped a 5600 badge on it and set the clock to reflect this..

i dont know for sure i'd like to know the difference, (its about 15$ difference on newegg. so its not much really)\

(also the 5600 is a black edition, and comes as a 'combo' deal on newegg)

not sure if that makes a big difference in overclockability as black edition, but i know it would be easier to keep my ram at its maximum overclock if the multi is unlocked

The unlocked multi can, in some cases, help overclocking because you don't need really high FSB. Part of overclocking stability is how well the motherboard can handle increased FSB, so if you don't need to increase that, you take a component out of the equation.

Keep in mind that right around 3GHz, maybe 3.1GHz is gonna be the max for that chip.

yeah... the volts you'll have to put across it to get stable will be seriously scary... but i can be down with persistence, know how... and above all, NICE cooling

I was running mine at 3.26 on my evga 590, no issues, at full load it peaked around 50C, had the TRUE on it in the antec 900. nagasama, weren't you running yours at 3.3? I know i couldn't get past the 3.26, temps weren't the issue just wouldn't take it at any multiplier.

Have since scaled it down as it's in the folding rig right now and doesn't need to be that high.

i'll push 1.6v through it before i give up

i've seen my Toledo with 1.46v , so im thinking it will handle 1.5v

=) we shall see, Tuesday......

tuesday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom