Amd 3800 x2, 7800gt almost fried =\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis18

Banned
I bought a new case, and I received it yesterday from newegg. I was putting my **** into my new case and This being my first new case, I didn't ground my motherboard, So I put it right on the steel of the case, I shorted out a couple things on my board, ( I saw sparks) and one of my system fan slots on my board to give it power doesnt work anymore. It also fried my new thermalake 430 watt power supply. I was freaking out last night, My brother bought me a new 400 watt power supply and I plugged it in, Nothing worked, I called him back up and he said something about the board being grounded, my father said this also (I'm only 18 and I'm a painting contactor with him). So I found out this case came with some pins that ground the board, I do it and everything works, Scared teh **** out of me since its over a $1000 dollar machine. :p

Pepsiboy700 said:
Wooooooow! You definatly should have looked that up since static can be your worst enemy or any unwanted electricity.

It wasn't static, he put the board directly on the motherboard plate.

Tell me...how exactly did you get the I/O ports to fit correctly without having the spacers?

long screws LOL. i know alot about computers, but i never changed to a new case before :p and my old case has build in grounds lol

You could probably have avoided this if you'd Googled a little bit of information on it. Always do a bit of reading before doing something new, you may learn a lot.

No matter how much you think you know you better look something up if youve never done it before. That same crap tought my friend a lesson when it actualy fried his mobo. He gave the mobo and processor to me in which i solderd a copacitor back on and it worked like new LOL.

apokalipse said:
"if it works, pull it appart and find out why"

That's basically me aswell. Though, it usually doesn't work anymore after I fool with it. :)

I am switching cases cause i took a sledge hammer to my old one since it was ****in me off badly...

I know everything especially to GROUND the case...

I've been building computers since i was about 5 years old and now i am 16...

I made $100 in one hour one time just reformatting a computer for a chick at work cause she was going to send it back to dell and pay about $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom