AMD 3400+ S 939: Suggested OCing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadweight

In Runtime
I'm building a PC again but this is the first time i've ever dabbled in the OC. what are some good steps to determine im not about to nuke :mad: my system but ensuring im getting the most i can outta my mobo and processor?

here's what i got:

AMD 3400+ 939
A8V Deluxe
Kingston 1 GB Dual Channel (2 x 512)
Antec 430 W Power Supply
ATI 9600XT
Memorex 52x32x52 CD
Memorex 8x DVD reader only
1 Seagate Barracuda 80 GB SATA

3 80 mm Fans
1 120 mm Fan

and thats abouta it.

my BIOS supports overclocking my memory and video card too. Do I wanna touch that?

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

welcome to TF!

right above this thread is a sticky thread, should answer some if not all of your questions, you can look there and search the rest of the site to find numerous amounts of posts on this topic.

Firstly wou would have to set the HTT to 3x to achieve any overclocking. also i see your cpu is a 800Mhz bus version. Any overclocking would overclock the ram if you want to run the ram async 1:1. What heatsink do u have on the cpu? What you must do is raise the Fsb slowly and watch your temperatures. Try not to give your pcu more Volts as this will limit the lifespan of your cpu and could kill it if you do not hae sufficient cooling. Your video card is a seperate overclock and if you are experienced enough you should touch that.

edit: typo's

MasterJason said:
I What hearsink do u have on the cpu? What you must do is raise the Fsb slowly and watch your temperatures. Try not to give your pcu more Volts as this will limit the lifespan of your cpu and could kill it if you do not hae sufficient cooling.

I only have the stock fan for now and i knew it would heat up pretty well if i messed with ocing so ive been looking at various fans but i really dont know what i oughta get to ensure proper cooling. what do u guys suggest??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom