AMD 2400xp OC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongb18c

In Runtime
I oc'ed my 2400+ xp to 3000mhz.. the default freq. of the 2400 is 1800mhz.... after I did so... and rebooted my computer. The comp basically like died... I got a black blank screen. Now my question is... what would cause this to happen? Did I oc it too much?..... how do I know what the oc limit is... and what is a reasonable but not over killing it clock speed?

And just out of curiosity... how many of you out there with AMD's keep the base freq. Or do you guys all oc your cpu's?

dude im sure that it way to high..I have good cooling and im runniing my 2400 at 2.4 and at about 51* at FULL load so yeah without some extreme cooling i dont think 3ghz is in your viewing distance right now. I would suggest maybe start out at 2.2ghz if you have decent cooling and check what ur temps are. hope you didnt F*** your cpu with that 3ghz dude thats just crazy.

sorry man i havent been doing this long and oc my 2700+ to read as a 2800+ thats only 2.275 ghz if you pushed that thing to 3000ghz im presuming you probably fried the cpu can you boot into bios jsut hold down delete while cpu starts hopefully you can get into that if not id look at the cpu and see how much of it melted and please post a pic of it if you can srry i think ufrieder:dead:

well if you have a T-bred 2400+ XP default frequency should be 2GHz, it it's a mobile or barton core ( which I think the barton for 2400+ is somewhat more rare than a barton 2500+ 2600+) then I suppose it was 1.8GHz...

Anywho man...think about it.. a 1.2GHz OC?? That's hefty and if you don't have a minimum of watercooling then you shouldn't be goin for those speeds.

I ran my XP-M at 2.8GHz with 2.225 Vcore and it somehow survived that :p If you've already cleared your CMOS and it still doesn't want to boot up then yeah I'm afraid you've probably fried it.

I've cleared my cmos... and the thing booted up again... hahahahahaha....[I think I saved it since I pull the plug soon as I saw the black screen]. I knew it did it too much but I wanted to see how far I can push it =(. I guess I'll jus keep my thing at 2ghz. I don't have watercooling but I thought the fan was enough.

You don't have to keep it at 2GHz, but come on man. Overclockin is risky venture as it is. If you've read anything about overclocking you should know a fan isn't going to enough for insane overclocks, that should just be common sense for anyone who's read into OC'ing and wants to pursue it.

You need to read what common methods of OC'ing are and how far people are able to get the kind of CPU you have, not to just assume something will be safe and push it as far as it'll go, that's not a very good method to go about things especially in computing.

You are fairly lucky that you didn't fry that thing out. You should be able to hit 2.4-2.5GHz fairly easily, but for the love of god READ MAN READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom