amazing 939 boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Daemon Poster
i have recently purchased a dfi lanparty sli-dr... in its use i have found it quite touchy in regards to my g.skill ram so i have decided to take a step down from this extreme top of the line board... i am wondering now if anyone knows of any good pci express 939 board? i definitely need overclocking options, but preferrably a more tried and true board... in the very distant past i had looked at the AV8 3rd eye...

i wouldnt mind owning an ABIT motherboard again since i fried my nf7-s, and i loved it... so i have been looking into the an8 and AN8-3rd eye, does anyone know about the overclocking ability on these two boards? and have personal experience with them?

thank you in advance for any help provided.

The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum could possibly be the most solid motherboard out there right now. It isn't a ridiculous overclocking board like a DFI, but the options are there. Don't expect the same kind of in-depth options as the DFI, but it is still possible.

I'm not just saying this because I have one. Read the reviews.

ABIT 3rd EYE

I have an ABIT AV8 3rd EYE 939 Board and absolutely love it. It lacks in many ways as far as flexibility and the number SATA slots on the board, but overall performance is great.

Thanks!

My Giga-Byte K8NSNXP Ultra is solid as a rock.

Used to own the AV8, but it was too touchy.

This one is a dream.

I have the AN8 and its beautiful. Alot of people knock it for some reason, I havent had any problems, works like a charm, there is a million options for OCing too.
-Joe

thanks joe, do you know the differences between the model you own and the 3-rd eye? does 3rd eye just have the uguru overclock thingy? :)

What do you mean by touchy?

You know, the CPU, not motherboard is controlling your RAM. AMD = Intergrated RAM controller

A8v deluxe when it had the right bios and the mods done it to.

I had a msi k8n neo 2 platinum and it was without a doute the woste board ive ever owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom