Am2 3800+ X2 Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
well in my boredum of calculus 2 hw...I've started to play around with prime95 a bit and my vcore. In the bios the Vcore is at 1.215 or something and the temps are maxing out at 45C, stock cooler and heat pad. I can't wait to find out what it will do once i install my my new hsf and AS5. :) Asus better fix their bios though. 220fsb is killing me. lol.

Conroe destroy my setup for the same price but...ehh..wheres the fun in that.

One question though...is there any danger in lowering the vcore too much?

BennyV04988 said:
One question though...is there any danger in lowering the vcore too much?

Uhh you will probably get lots of BSOD seeing the CPU wont operate at the GHz its at without the proper supply of voltage.

ex:

2200 MHz @ 1.3 Vcore.

2200 MHz@ 1.0 vcore. wont run at all as it dosent have enough juice.

Aight thanks. The temp drops seemed to level out after 1.25v...doesnt make much heat difference. I might go home and grab my new cooler and ram this weekend...its an hour away though so ya lol.... I just hope my board will eventually be ocable. Freaakin morons over at asus...

BennyV04988 said:
Aight thanks. The temp drops seemed to level out after 1.25v...doesnt make much heat difference. I might go home and grab my new cooler and ram this weekend...its an hour away though so ya lol.... I just hope my board will eventually be ocable. Freaakin morons over at asus...

RMA it and buy your best freind.

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

Supposedly there's a new BIOS out that works. I'd update it but i dont have a floppy drive. Any other ideas? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom