am I missing somthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Ok so yeah I decided to open up my computer just tinker around with it you know and I decided I could probably get better air flow if I moved my GT down into the other PCI Express slot. So right now its on the bottom one instead of the normal top.

When I right click on my desktop and click properties, it says defualt monitor.. Its like there are no drivers or somthing becuase evreytime I scroll it has to "catch" up and yeah.

Can I fix this or do I have to go back to the other PCI X slot?.....

Mobo is DFI lanparty Ultra-D for those who dont know.

Thanks

i'm pretty sure that everything's "configured" to the original slot, because i had the same issues with a network adapter. however, there might be a way to change it without moving... i'm interested as well.

It's fine to move it down to the bottom slot, but you need to move the jumpers into SLI position first. That enables the the slots to be 8x/8x instead of default 16x on the top and 2x on the bottom one.

If that doesn't fix it, you may simply need to reinstall your video card drivers as it may be recognizing it as new hardware and doesn't know what to do with it.

Well im donwloading drivers as I type.

If this dosent work and it means putting it to 8x/8x then I mine as well go back up a slot so I can just run it in full 16.

Dude....those cards don't even come close to use 16x, they don't even full utilize the 8x. You can put it into the bottom slot with NO performance difference. It's been done many times already, just not by anyone here I believe.

I can tell you right now if you haven't moved your jumpers, then installing those drivers will do nothing. It will be running at 2x which WILL cut your performance.

Ok yeah you sure about the drivers part:)

I just moved the jumpers and yeah evreythigns fine, its working good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom