Am I missing Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
I have a 2.5Ghz P4 with 400Mhz fsb, I recently raised the cpu clock by 12 and now it is at 112. I tried raising it to 115 but when I boot up WindowsXP doesn't start or starts in safemode. Do i have to raise the vcore to make it more stable? The motherboard I have (MSI) does not show me the default vcore setting, this is the main reason why I don't want to raise the vcore because if i bring it too high I won't know what to bring it back to.Here are a few questions I need answered

What is the default or safest Vcore setting for this cpu?

My mobo gives me2 other settings for voltages menue which are: Spread Spectrum=enable-disable, and Auto detect PCI clock=enable-disable. What are these settings

Just Some specs:The speed right now of my cpu with the clock incease of 12 is 2750.46Mhz. when I increase the clcok to 15 it is around 2800.Mhz

on my 800 fsb p4 3.0ghz, the default vcore voltage is 1.5. however, this may be different on different processors. Google it. however, windows may not boot because your processor runs too hot at that frequency. try upgrading your cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom