Am i doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vybuni

Daemon Poster
I am trying to overclock my system, but the farthest i can get it to boot with is at a HTT setting of 210 :( . I was wondering if i am not doing something right. I have a DFI lanparty ultra-d, a 3700 san diego, and 2 gigs of G.skill RAM (which i was told would be good for overclocking.) I also have a zalman 9500 heatsink/fan for my cpu. I read through the guides, but that didnt help much.

and 2 gigs of G.skill RAM (which i was told would be good for overclocking.)
G.Skills top quality RAM is good for overclocking.........2gb worth isnt...512mb overclocks better than 1gb and 1gb overclocks much better than 2gb...you won't get your RAM too far with that amount.

but the farthest i can get it to boot with is at a HTT setting of 210
That doesn't give us much information at all....from what I gather you're fairly new at overclocking and most like haven't thoroughly read through all information provided.

HTT of 210 doesn't tell me anything. You need to post Vcore, chipset and LDT voltages, DRAM Voltage, whether or not you're using a memory divider, and even what BIOS version you're using also helps.

For all I know you haven't changed any voltages which would be why you'd hit a ceiling fairly quickly. And if you didn't think to raise voltages then you need to stop trying to overclock at this point, go back and re-read all the overclocking information provided until you have the basic knowledge of what you should be doing to get it to overclock further.

Your G.Skill RAM isn't top knotch.....the top would be 2-2-2-5 timed RAM, and 2gb of it would be mighty expensive...so although it will overclock you have two strikes going against you in that it's 2gb and it's not 2-2-2-5 which has the best chips for overclocking.

he's got it running 3-3-2-5 not 3-3-2-7.

Also.........he obviously knows what he's doing, far more than I'd ever know muchless someone first getting into overclocking as it looks like he knows how to tweak just about every option in the DFI board to make that RAM scream.

The owner of this thread never specified if he had that particular sticks either.

Nubius said:
he's got it running 3-3-2-5 not 3-3-2-7.

Also.........he obviously knows what he's doing, far more than I'd ever know muchless someone first getting into overclocking as it looks like he knows how to tweak just about every option in the DFI board to make that RAM scream.

The owner of this thread never specified if he had that particular sticks either.
lol Looks like he works for G.SKILL. Pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom