• Enables Dual-Density Booting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosBlizzard

Banned
I would like to hear your opinion on Aluminum or Copper heat spreaders.. The application would be for SDRAM.

Thanks,
Chaos

The aluminium heatspreaters spreat the heat much faster , the copper takes the heat faster but spreat it much slower... If there aren't any fans to help the copper better aluminium I think.
I wouldn't buy any heatspreaters anyway - there is thing that is more effective - much more efective - buy a new aluminium CPU heatspreater and make some smaller for the RAM by your self of it. ;)

Actually Cappy, no its not all copper would be better. Also Diamond would be the best and most expensive heat spreader. But out of the two copper, since it takes away the heat the fastest (out of the two)

copper absorbs heat faster but aluminum disipates it faster hense copper base with welded aluminum fins . Some of the best HS are of this desighn :)

SewerBeing said:
Actually Cappy, no its not all copper would be better. Also Diamond would be the best and most expensive heat spreader. But out of the two copper, since it takes away the heat the fastest (out of the two)

I am told copper needs some other material to dissipate the heat to in order to operate better, such as aluminum. I am talking about SDRAM heat spreaders.. What SDRAM heat spreaders have aluminum and copper??? I don't think there are any.... If the copper were to take the heat off faster, without getting rid of the heat it would probably cause the memory to overheat?...

with good case airflow copper is great. it will work even better if you get some small fans and have them blow on the copper.

A) the best heatsinks are pure copper, because aluminum is worse at taking heat in then copper, so it hurts thermal performance. Copper dissipates heat fine on its own, just look at thermalright heatsinks (they are all either copper or aluminum, and the best in the market)

B) The point of any cooling device is to move the heat away from what it is cooling (with the exception of fans, I mean heatsinks). So you want something that takes in heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom