is this alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
hey guys i just got my new computer in the mail yesterday from Newegg.com...(cheers newegg for being the best dealer i've worked with). It has a ASUS P4P800-E motherboard and a P4 3.0 ghz prescott processor with HT and one gb of Geil PC3200 ram . I over clocked it to about 3.6ghz and the program that came with the mobo called ASUS Probe shows the CPU temp to idle around 44/45C, is this a good temp? i know that when i am recording through my video capture that the temp goes to about 50C. is this a good range or can i OC any more?

Thanks alot for the help:)

wow thats pretty hot my 1.8ghz p-4 which is overclocked to 2.3ghz idles at about 40c so it is my opinion to upgrade to a new cpu cooler the place that I think has the best selection and some pretty good deals rite now is called www.xoxide.com plus they have tons of accesories very cheap

ya i've been crunching it for about 2 hrs and it seems to be fine...it's not crossing 48c. so i think i'm good.. although i could get a tornado and a fanspeed controller. then OC it to 3.9ghz hmmm would be nice

really 50c is too hot sonner or later your gonna fry it. Look into getting either a zalman 7700 with the 120mm fan this heatsink has been known to lower temps up to 20c costs about 50 shipped

it's not hittin 50c its about 44c and when it was stock it was runnin at 40c. it runs about 42c idle and 44/55 crunching

GL gettin to 4GHZ with a prescott.. a Northwood, yes. Prescott, noooo. I've got a 3.2 prescott.. got it to 3.95GHZ on basic cooling and I killed my RAM! w00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom