All hail mighty AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Before, I didnt have my Air Conditioner, it was about 94 Degrees outside. Absolutley Scorching for our location.

Well Im guess my room was somewhere close to that becuase I had my window open the whole time and it was somewhat colder out side somtimes.

any way My temps went down incredibly far.

Before AC CPU Idle Temp: 33 C

After AC CPU Idle Temp: 24 C

GPU Idle Temp before: 54 C

GPU Idle Temp afrer: 43 C on stock cooling with as5, got a vf900 coming soon :D

oh yeah and these temps were after I put the AC for about 20 mins ;)

Nice, I just rebuilt an old pc and it runs pretty hot with the case open and fans blowing everywhere. It is a little cooler today around 80. I told my dad to put the ac in the window so I can see my temps go down and have some oc headroom. At my moms house, shes got central air. Never goes above 70. Yeahhhhhh.

I wonder what my temps will be like when its gets to 20F during the winter and my heater decides not to heat my room. It gets so cold. :mad:

Anywho, you going to get more of an OC out of this? Or are you just going to stick with those temps?

are you kidding me im going OC the **** out of this thing....

Im still reading up on some ram guides....most of my tweaks turn out unstable....they say OC'ing dosent happen Over Night;)

sometimes I wish It could :)

Well, if I decide to OC, I'm set.

My house is really old and small, so we use a couple of window AC units. The one for our bedroom is not actually in the bedroom, but the small room (6 x 12) next to it. We use that room as a closet/storage room, as there are no closets in the house. Well, when I got my comp, we set it up in that room, right beside the door to the bedroom. So, basically, my comp is in the coldest room in the house.

Accoding to Everest, my CPU is running at 44C with stock cooling. I'm just on TF, but I have Folding@Home running in the background, so my CPU is at 100% all the time.

well, since i have that godforsaken monstrosity of a heatsink aka the zalman 9500 my cpu idles at 26C and load hits 29C

So hey, im happy with those temps :D

This is in a house with no ac btw lol

im in the bay area. We get days where at 8 in the morning its 60 degrees an then at noon itll hit 95. Its all bad when you have to wear a coat in the mornign and then your dying in a tshirt in the afternoon...

nitestick said:
wow i literally laughed out loud when i saw you say that 34 degrees c is scorching :p. in summer here we regularly have days over 40 degrees and my city is by no means the hottest in australia. the record for my city is 48 degrees :amazed:

Oh god, i remember that day, assuming your talking about the 48C new years day in Sydney. I didnt sleep the night before and was still up drinking till 4pm, lol. That heat, no sleep and beer are a bad combo, although somehow i think my comp would have faired worse if it was running that day.

EDIT: Realised you not in the same city, still, we got the same temp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom