All fans constantly running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshC

Baseband Member
I was wondering if all of my fans should constantly be running. I have 2 120mm case fans, one intake, one exhaust. I also have an Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64 for my CPU and an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 for my GPU.

According to AbitEQ:

NB fan is running constantly at 5273
CPU fan ranges from 2250-2380
Sys1 fan (exhaust) is around 1339
CPU temp is 33.5C
Sys temp is 28.0C

My intake fan hooked into AuxFan2 has no reading.
The fan wire for the PS fans is also connected. The internal fan for that is always running but the outer fan has never come on.

I have my power option set to Minimal Power Management to enable Cool n Quiet.

Is all of this normal?

EDIT: After closing AbitEQ and then restarting it my CPU fan speed dropped down to 1160-1225 and then after a system restart 1550-1650 but all other readings are the same.

if it's bothering you, buy a fan controller for the 120mm fans. Then you can turn the intake one down almost all of the way when you leave, and put the exhaust on half speed. When you start a game, crank 'em and put on some headphones.

Ryan

Thanks for the help. I just wasn't sure if everything was supposed to be running like that. I may end up buying a fan controller. Most of my time is spent watching movies, doing research, or messing around in Photoshop, so its not like it is under much load anyway.

i have got several fans running and a water cooling kit and neither of the noise that i hear bothers me!!! i would rather buy the silent fans that cost a liltle bit more thn no noise while out buying a new cpu!!

wiggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom