Alcohol and PC cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water will be going through heatsink that will be rinsed in alcohol...

so your saying that you'll have a standard cooling loop... but with no reservoir or radiator because you'll be pulling directly from the gruond water and expelling it...

why use alcohol to prevent condensation? people already have methods like dialectic grease and various layers of foam and sprays to protect from condensation... as mentioned already, there are forms of cooling which go significantly below freezing... and yet they still function because of protection.

so your saying that you'll have a standard cooling loop... but with no reservoir or radiator because you'll be pulling directly from the gruond water and expelling it...

I made a mistake in that answer. Underground water will not be going through heatsink. 50/50 water/antifreeze liquid will. The guy didn't even bother to read what I wrote so I rushed to an answer...

why use alcohol to prevent condensation? people already have methods like dialectic grease and various layers of foam and sprays to protect from condensation... as mentioned already, there are forms of cooling which go significantly below freezing... and yet they still function because of protection.

I'm not just trying to cool down CPU and GPU. I want to cool down all of the "wiring" on the board. Read the part on "the cooler conductor is...". I want to see what impact that would have on computing speed. Just think about it. Theoretically it would make communication between buses and CPU faster.

I'm not just trying to cool down CPU and GPU. I want to cool down all of the "wiring" on the board. Read the part on "the cooler conductor is...". I want to see what impact that would have on computing speed. Just think about it. Theoretically it would make communication between buses and CPU faster.

No, It wouldn't...

In order to get a significant difference in the conductivity and impedence in regards to the flow of electricity through the board you would need to cool it below freezing.

Going from 90F to 60F won't do a rats a** of good.

No, It wouldn't...

In order to get a significant difference in the conductivity and impedence in regards to the flow of electricity through the board you would need to cool it below freezing.

Going from 90F to 60F won't do a rats a** of good.

D*** it. I knew that but it slipped my mind. And taking into account that I would most probably have to use some sort of oil instead of alcohol it kinda makes the whole idea not worth the try :( Well this thread can be locked since I'm giving up on the idea. Thanks aspire.comptech :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom