Alcohol and PC cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalinspired

Solid State Member
Hi there,

For starters this post has nothing to do with getting drunk so all of you that came for that sorry to disappoint you :) However getting drunk (yesterday was my birthday) led me to an idea. Some history first. Some time ago I saw a post on some forum (maybe even this one) where people figured out to fill PSU with baby oil thus enabling it to be cooled better, especially if you have water cooling. I figure why not doing same for the whole PC? At least mainboard and stuff. The problem is, oil would made changing any component connected to mainboard a complete mess of a process. So why not use pure alcohol instead? To expand this a little further I'll explain everything I mean to do. I have a source of really cold underground water 2-3 meters away from my house. Even during summer it doesn't increase it's temperature which is around 8 Celsius so I thought of using it to water cool my PC. This way I would eliminate need for any fans inside PC case. But there is a catch. Yes. Condensation. Here comes into play the question that I asked. Why not use one of those things, just can't remember the word, that you carry to picnic and put liquor in it so it would stay cold. Put a heatsink in it that cold water I mentioned would go trough, put the motherboard in it, fill it with alcohol and seal it so I wouldn't be drunk all day long :p This way I eliminate condensation totally. I could even cool my PC to temperatures bellow zero and physic law says that any conductor has better conductivity the cooler it is. I even thought putting my HDD together with mainboard in the case. So before I go destroying my PC please give some comments, ideas, advices or just tell me I completely lost touch with reality :)

i had enough 151 in highschool... it was my choice of drink for every weekend... one day it did me wrong and i woke up with some hurting kidneys.... weather it was the 151 or something else that did it... i'm not sure...

but either way.. i'm blaming 151 for ruining that day :p

151 is too expensive, and bacardi is generally crap. I prefer west indies rum as its cheap, and tastes great. I dont see why people like bacardi. Heh, when i worked at Dave & Busters, one of the clubs i used to hang out at had 2 dollar 151 and cokes on tuesdays :) I'm still amazed i never killed anyone or got a dui. Needless to say i never drink and drive now as i'm WAY over my karmic limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom