Airflow direction for radiators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you link me to the specs page? It is infact deep....do you have your heatercore yet? Cause I'm telling ya, youll be surprised by it's size lol.

EDIT: Ahh wait, I see not only is it deep, but the bottom of the motherboard will be higher than the core, that's nice...still want the spec link though lol, mainly want to see the cost of such a case.

I ordered some red LED 120mms and a red led 92mm and some red led cannons and a white cold cathode tube last night.....I gotta say within the week my case should be up and pimpin

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119042

It is a fairly expensive case which kinda sucks since I really didn't wanna invest a lot in the case but I need/want a full tower and this one was the most functional one I could find plus I always run outta drive bays so that is a big selling point. =/

I do have my heatercore in, got the barbs cut off but haven't gotten around to any welding or such yet, the real work should start tomorow once I'm all done exams and I hope to have it all painted plus a shroud made by the end of the weekend and then get some pics for ya. I have someone in a shop glass who has agreed to do a "professional" paint job for it once I get it welded tomorow so it'll look sweet once that's done I'm hoping.

Gaara - yeah my friend is cutting some plexi glass and is shaping it, will wind up having some LED's in the end so it will light up red pretty nicely and will be pretty thin. I'll get you some pictures of it tomorrow, and it's just in it's infant stage, but it'll be cool once it's done. He's gonna etch in "Nubiu$" lol at the top part of it, but the lettering looks better than just this plain font obviously :p

Also I'll get some pics of my pump, T-Line, and heatercore, because I got it set up right now for a little leak testing, but more so just making sure the pump works and crap like that.

i have a question... gaara - what is it that you will be welding together?

also note - i dont know if that case is steel or aluminum, but aluminum doesnt weld, it only melts. and i wouldnt have a clue if a mig or any similar kind of welder would work on aluminum.
-------------------------------------------

and also note - an airconditioner should not be compaired with normal air cooling. an AC works different then you may think, unless you already have a basic understanding of how it operates. Because the High and Low, or Hot and Cold sections of the AC operate in different ways from each other.
----------------------------------------------

and i dont have a watercooled system, but i would guess that placing the fan so its blowing or sucking woudlnt make much diff at all. as long as there is airflow. and best thing would be to have ouside air coming in onto the radiator of course.

The only way prolly to get more efficent airflow would be to use a fan like the Areo Jet. cause it has not dead spot like normal fans have in the center

he's 'brazing' technically and it's using copper on his heatercore....no aluminum will be touched with heat.

As far as pulling air or pushing air goes, most at xtremesystems agree that pulling the air through is more efficient....and being that basically most everyone there has done water cooling I'd say they have probably experimented to find out which does better although technically it could be as small as .5C

It really depends on where it is mounted, if it is in the rear I would think that you would blow air through it. (Radiator mounted on the back of the case) If it was on top you would want to blow air through it and out, not sucking air in from the top for the obvious reason that heat rises. Another thing is make sure the cold return is on the bottom. :)

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom