Ahh Air Cooling (theres too many)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that the zalman CNPS9500 isn't as good as the big typhoon by thermaltake. As the big typhoon is cheaper i'm probs going with that. But that GPU cooler you sent in doesn't look too good. Isn't there artic cooler or summin which is supposed to be good >??

Not sure about the big typhoon. The Zalman is what I went with and I am very happy with it. As far as themal paste, well thats a huge debate around here. The Zalman I got came with t.p. I bought AS5 and used that instead. I researched some independant tests, I wish I could remember the links, but the AS5 and OCZ Ultra 5+ were some of the best. They used a test rig, ran baselines, and then tested something like 15 different thermal pastes, repeating the tests under load, monitoring with a 3rd party board monitor, and all that jazz, the OCZ came up first and then AS5. Both of those had significant decreases in temps compaired to the rest. Thrid place and beyond didn't come as close to those two. I'll try to find the link.

KK cheers. I've done some reasearch and found that the Arctic Silencer 5 (rev 2) is the best GPU cooler for my card. Also here is a link for a test between the best CPU coolers. I got this link from here the guys there seem pritty intent on the big typhoon even though the tests say that they are wrong. Heres what i think

1. The big typhoon cools the surrounding area around the CPU a bit as well as the CPU

2. The zalman is louder but probably can cool better than the big typhoon when at its peek 2600 RPM but that would be like a jet roaring

3. The big typhoon seems to be the quitest for the performence

4. The big typhoon is older thus more avalible

5. The big typhoon maybe able to be polished on the bottom to get extra cooling out of it.

I think probably the big typhoon but i'm not really sure what do you think ??

big typhoon and cnps9500 perform really close to each other. That being said, i would go for the cheaper one. Both are great coolers, and you should be happy with both. Im not sure about prices in England, but over here the Big Typhoon is around 45-50 bucks and the 9500 closer to 60.

The Zalman now is about $61 US right now. The Zalman comes with a speed controler, Fan Mate 2 is what its called. I like the Zalman b/c the way it mounts the fan. Its pushes the air flow towards the rear exhaust fans on my case. The big typhoon pushes the air towards the side panel. If you don't have a side exhaust, I feel that the BT would not be a good choice. It doesn't do any good to circulate hot air around your case waiting for the exhaust fans to get it out. As far as noise, my Zalman is far quietier than my stock heatsink/fan even at 2600rpms.

I have the 9500cnps and it looks great, works awesome and even on full blast inst horribly loud. Not what i would call a jet roaring. Speaking of which has anyone actually seen a jet roar o_O

I like the 9500cnps. In my opinion it works great esp. when you have a large exhaust fan int he back

Here, I'll post a picture of how the 9500 looks on my setup.

9500_1.jpg

9500_2.jpg

Yeah, yeah, I know, wire management....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom