AGP and PCI Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Yeah I just jumped my 2400+ XP's FSB from 133 to 145 so its running at 145x15 = 2175... so I check software sandra and it says my AGP Bus 72MHz and my PCI bus is 36MHz.....I can't find anywhere in the BIOS about setting the AGP and PCI bus...does this mean that I can't really overclock with this motherboard?

MSI KT6V Board.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=KT6V-LSR&class=mb

manufacturer site right there. BIOS is all upgraded and everything too.

There should be an option to lock/change the AGP & PCI. Mostly there's only an option to change the AGP, and the PCI will be automatically half the AGP speed. I know there are some older mobo's without these settings. Like my mobo, I OC'ed it and now my PCI is at 37.5 MHz (don't have AGP)

Yeah I'm guessing it blatently tell you LOCKED AGP/PCI ENABLED/DISABLED huh? Cause yeah I see nothing like that in my BIOS... if thats the case then I don't know if I should bother overclocking =/ I didn't plan on OC'ing this 2400+ though I wanted to OC the 2400+ XP-M

There is no reason to change the frequency of your PCI or AGP slots. Some people change the Voltage of their AGP slots though.

high frequencies can damage some cards, that's why its best to keep them at standard speeds (66 and 33)

Yeah thats basically what I heard.... with this 2400+ XP all I can do is raise the FSB, multiplier is locked. I had planned on getting the 2400+ XP-M since the multiplier is unlocked and I've heard of good OC'ing abilities. I see AGP Voltages and it has options like 'FAST WRITEBACK!' and like that because the only thing that refers to AGP is a tab that then has under it DDR Timings and AGP Timings and all thats under the AGP timings is allow to set the bandwidth at 4x and change the aperture size. Besides those two main options there is no option for an AGP Clock or Bus from within my mobo =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom